Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Mambo frog moving positions etc

pscandrett

Hi

On a Mambo frog with various positions in the SX buttons, is it possible to get the movers to 'fade' to the next position rather than snap?

On the Avo Pearl you can say, effectively, move from this position to that position in 5s and it will generate the DMX to move them smoothly rather than snap. Is this possible in any way on the frog(s), either using SX buttons or on submasters? Should I be looking at the LTP times on the submasters to achieve this? If so, presumably there's no way of doing this when busking a show?

Thanks in advance - sorry if I've not explained myself very well, I'm a bit tired at the moment!

Peter

Hi Peter

On the SX buttons you can set how the LTP channels respond on an attribute basis - either SNAP or FADE for each of colour, beamshape and position. The time is set with the LTP Fade setting.

ex-Leap Frog Owner, ex-Mambo Frog Owner, ex-XLS Owner, ex-Alcora Owner, ex-Elara Owner

Owner of a big pile of Betapack 2s

Bozone (n): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating.

"Am I dreaming this?" "No, and you ain't in Kansas neither."

"Longbottom's been neglecting his ear muffs."

If the positions are programmed on the sx you can set the ltp-fade, if you are using the sx-buttons as pallets you can't set any times. BUT you can always use the P/T speed-parameter(not every fixture has this :( ) when programming your pallets.

Are pallet-timings going to be in one of the updates?

Den Pipo

Pro Light Design

If the positions are programmed on the sx you can set the ltp-fade, if you are using the sx-buttons as pallets you can't set any times. BUT you can always use the P/T speed-parameter(not every fixture has this :( ) when programming your pallets.

Hmm, I use the pallettes - I must admit I've not quite got round to using the SX buttons as, er, SX buttons! What's the benefit of doing so? And how the heck does one keep track of what's on what button when busking a show?!

(What does SX stand for...?!)

TIA

And how the heck does one keep track of what's on what button when busking a show?!

(What does SX stand for...?!)

TIA

You can label them with the keyboard and they will show on the SX screen.

ex-Leap Frog Owner, ex-Mambo Frog Owner, ex-XLS Owner, ex-Alcora Owner, ex-Elara Owner

Owner of a big pile of Betapack 2s

Bozone (n): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating.

"Am I dreaming this?" "No, and you ain't in Kansas neither."

"Longbottom's been neglecting his ear muffs."

The SX buttons on the mambo Frog desk provide another method of outputting data.

They could be regarded as a single page of 48 faderless submasters.

Each SX button can be loaded with channel data or a transferred memory.

The action of each SX button can be set individually to Flash, Solo or GO.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace