Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

I want to buy a mambo frog

Pipo

Well, I am of course incredibly biased, but here we go :

Reasons you should buy one :

96 moving lights, 1024 DMX channels

216 submasters (24 playing back at the same time) for tons of flexibility

48 'SX' Playbacks for layering even more scenes and chases together making 'busked' shows fast and flexible

Compatibility with any other Frog desk will provide you with a backup if the worst happens

It looks really cool !

No nasty layers of operation to get through... you want to select a moving light... hit the button !

It looks really cool !

Online support direct from the factory and *real* users of the product via this website

Ongoing development of the features, and regular software releases.. put together *with* the real users of the product

Did I mention it looks really cool ?

Reasons not to buy :

None that I can think of ;-)

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

In all Seriousness, if you are still not convinced, we can always arrange for a demo with your local distributor.

If you want more info, please contact our Northern Europe Market Manager, Franck Tiesing (ftiesing@zero88.com)

Any questions... you can always ask us.

Bran Media | Myspace

Yes there is a big difference to the 250! We used all the leasons learned from the 250/500 when designing the Frog series. The 250/500 were based around standard PC motherboards running MSDOS. In the Frog series, we've done away with that, and we have our own custom processor board running our own operating system.

The single operating mode of the Frogs suits live operation very well. And the feature set, as you'll see from this forum, is constantly evolving. If there's something you want added to the desk, and there's enough popular support for it, it goes in!

The wheels on the Frog have a more vigorous acceleration curve that the 250 (the movement is cubed rather than squared I think), so with a quick flick you get a big change, yet still having fine adjustment with slow movement.

Oh, and if you like green, it looks really cool...!!

Another question

Suppose: 10 movingheads

I want to select MH 1,5 an 9 and change the color into red.

Is this possible without having made a program which turns mh 1,5,9 into red?

Because with the 250 when you select red everything is red, you cant select 1 movinghead and say this one has to be in that color 8O :?:

Den Pipo

Pro Light Design

For the operation you describe, you would use the Palette function of the desk. Using this, you can select a single fixture or a group of fixtures and then apply a colour palette to them.

This is different from the way that the 250 worked, and should do what you need.

Bran Media | Myspace

• 2 months later...