Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Relative around one pallet

ice

Maybe a bit farfetched but stil, I think it would make a nice feature! Nowadays I load the console intro the truck and load it out at the venue again. We build almost exactly the same show for a couple of bands we're doing to my patch etc. stays the same.

Now when we're done with the rig I have to reprogram all my positions. Mostly this is because they are a few meters too high or too low, the pan seems to be right most of the times. Now this could be easily solved if I could create one pallet, say front of stage, and work relatively around that one. Than I'd only have to reprogram front of stage and the rest would fit in nicely! Maybe not a feature for Frog series now, but something to think about.

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

if your rig veries in height, doesn't that also affect the distance from one pallet that is programmed relative to another one?

I think in order to achieve what you want, you should define 4 pallets and then set those for each scan. Using complex math, you could then calculate the position of the scans, thus being able to update all other position pallets. For an example, look to the hog systems. They have an option for that. By defining the up and down stage, the left and right stage, you are able to use an xy system rather than pan/tilt. By updating the four pallets in the next rig. all other pallets are updated and correctly placed. Also this system makes it possible for all scans to be moved together and stay on the same spot no matter where the scans are placed.

i don't think this will ever be implemented in the frog though. But it would be very nice indeed.

if one million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.