Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

My fixtures does not respond to my commands

Leo_e

I was connecting some more fixtures and realised that i had to change the settings for this on my fatfrog.

Fixtures 1 and 2 worked as they should but 3 and 4 was set to another type of fixture. When i changed them to the correct type of fixture all four fixtures went dead. They do not respond to "home" or my jelling!

What do you think i should do?

Step1,

Are all DMX addresses correct on the movers

Step2,

Are the fixtures patched on the desk, and the right personalitys loaded.

Step3,

Look at the movers and on the dmx input it should be pin 3 +, and pin 2 -

If all above does'ent work, wipe the desk and reload and readdress everything again, it will save a "brain boil".

Had the same thing last saturdag, though I was very very sure the patch was correct. I had some Robe's and Martins in the rig, and the Martins failed to respond after a while (they did first)... I just couldn't figure out what was wrong, since the rest of the rig was working fine and 4 mechanical problems at the same time wouldn't be an option in my opinion. I started pulling out DMX cords and inserting them again, nothing... They were completely dead.

Then suddenly I thought of the reset DMX option in the Super User menu and tried that. And there you go, all of them were working again without any problem the rest of the evening. I'm still not sure what was wrong here, but it proofs the reset function is there for a reason :)

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)