Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Generics and in a pallet?

Leo_e

Hello again and thank you guys for the helg i´ve got from you the last time i was in trouble.

Is it possible to, when i change the eg. colour via a pallet i´ve created, to also have a generics to start? If i press the pallet for "red" i would also like the generics to change colour to red. (or maybe some other colour. Is this possible or will i have to program the generics some other where?

By the way, talking about the fatfrog.

Bye - leo

Palettes can only store the appropriate LTP fixture parameters (Colour, Beamshape or Position) so the answer is no , I'm afraid.

Probably the best solution is to program the generic data you require and the fixtures at the required colour directly onto a submaster :)

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

I've tried to program the generics to the submasters so that i can change their colour there. (btw, is it possible to make the submasters "flash" button to hold instead of flash?)

I was hoping to be able to select the colour for the generics via the submasters and control the movingheads via the pallets but when i change submaster (or memory) the movingheads goes to their home position (or to the position they where when i was programming the generics). Is there any way to exclude the movingheads from the memory/submaster?

btw, is it possible to make the submasters "flash" button to hold instead of flash?

No it isn't unfortunately.

I was hoping to be able to select the colour for the generics via the submasters and control the movingheads via the pallets but when i change submaster (or memory) the movingheads goes to their home position (or to the position they where when i was programming the generics). Is there any way to exclude the movingheads from the memory/submaster?

Yes, you need to put the desk into Partial Mode, as opposed to Full Mode. This can be done by going into super user (hold + and -, press enter), selecting Desk Setup, and selecting Program Mode.

In Partial Mode, HTP (generic) values are always recorded, but only the LTP parameters you 'tag' are recorded. Hence, by untagging colour, beamshape etc. and pressing program, only generic data will be recorded onto your subs.

Hope this helps,

sp