Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Diablo Global Chase

Hi there,

I am thinking about getting a Diablo. I like the features, but would like someone to clarify something for me about the Global Chase.

In the manual it states the following:

• The current state of all 12 pages and page ripples

The current sequence page

The sequence speed, direction and sound on/off settings

Does this remember the actual sequences that are running? Does it remember the step of a manual sequence?

What would be great is if it also remembered any selected memories, especially those with effects running on them. Just like an envirnoment on a Masterpiece.

I cant find any downloadable fixtures on the website. In particular I am after any Abstract lights, and the Martin 812.

Any help would be great.

Cheers,

Steve

www.dooza.tv

The Diablo has 12 sequences, 1 per page. Since the Global Chase Control feature stores the current sequence page, then yes it is effectively remembering the current sequence. Note only 1 sequence can be playing at a time, however the page chase / page ripple features can be used to very easily change the look of this. The Global Chase Control feature does not however store the current step of the sequence or any submasters which are raised.

The Diablo Fixture Manager software (included on a CD with the desk, or downloadable from the Zero88 website) uses the same fixture library as the Frog and Illusion desks. Simply select up to 18 fixtures from that library, connect your PC to the desk with the USB cable provided, and transfer them.

Hi Paul,

Note only 1 sequence can be playing at a time, however the page chase / page ripple features can be used to very easily change the look of this.

I thought the manual implied that you can have more than one sequence running at a time, but looking back it doesn't. I will have to stick to page chases if I want to layer chases.

The Global Chase Control feature does not however store the current step of the sequence or any submasters which are raised.

Thats a shame, could I make a feature request so that it does? :)

The Diablo Fixture Manager software (included on a CD with the desk, or downloadable from the Zero88 website) uses the same fixture library as the Frog and Illusion desks. Simply select up to 18 fixtures from that library, connect your PC to the desk with the USB cable provided, and transfer them.

Excellent, I will search the library for the ones I need.

Thanks for the help.

Steve

www.dooza.tv

• 5 months later...

Hi Stephen,

Unfortunately the Diablo has no facility to perform software upgrades in the field, it would need to be returned to the factory to be upgraded.

Even despite the potential deployment issues, there are no immediate plans for any Diablo software releases. I have however made a note of your idea, just in case it ever comes about in the future.

Thanks for the feedback,

Paul.