Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

UDK / UDF function

Jazzy

Hi all,

I down loaded the Frog 2 manuel and have read through it, so far I am very impressed. I have one question though about the way the UDK / UDF work.

If for instance I had a rig with say 60 par cans and 20 movers and I have a sceen (cue) using all of these set for a certain song but there are a number of accents in the song that I want to highlight, say a drum fill, by having 6 of the movers swing on to the kit and strobe. I have my main cue running on a play back stack or sub, UDK or UDF and I have my accent on a UDK set to flash, so I press the UDK the 6movers go to the kit and strobe. When I release the UDK will the 6 movers revert back to the previous out put in the cue I am running or will the just stay strobing on the kit.

I have just tried this out in our demo room ...

All the fixtures in the rig were programmed in the cue and output via the playback.

I then set the four minimacs to move to the centre, change to white and strobe (all fade times were set to zero). Record this to a UDK as channel data, with action set to flash.

Play back the cue, then press the UDK, the minimacs snap to centre, white and strobe. Release the UDK, the fixtures return to their values from the cue ..

.... so I guess that's a yes :D

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Hi K Nine,

This is a very handy feature indeed for busking. If you put an effect, say a figure 8 doing a ballyhoo instead of a sceen / cue on the UDK will it still revert to the previous cue outputs or will the LTP output of the shape generator over ride it.