Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Dwell for fixtures

ice

Often I run into the problem I want my movers to have some time for moving to the next spot until they start outputting brightness. I usually copy the memory and create a first memory with the new position but without brightness, and then auto trigger it to the next one which contains the brightness for the fixtures.

Now this could be solved in a better way by installing some kind of a dwell time for the fixtures. The memory would be faded in as normal but the brightness for fixtures would hold for a set time and then start fading in. (Again) maybe something for F2...

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

True, but I'd still have to program 2 things and use my brain for figuring out tagging, brightness and those things :) A "hold" time for fixtures would be a lot quicker; just set the time and your done.

When I copy a memory to do this, It also copies the tagged fixtures. So when I'd want to change positions for instance I'd have to edit 2 memories and set the positions to match, or I'd have to edit the second one and untag the fixtures (which could lead to problems when you skip the first memory for some reason).

Oh well, it was just a suggestion as the forum title says :)

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)