Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Can't work my mojo

dmxeater

Ok, so iv got the the mojo's workin! but iv got an other Q !

Say iv programmed a chase which is just the mojo's spinning round.

Iv then put them in a sub.

It works fine when I put up the sub.

How do I tell them to close shutter when i put the sub down ?

And also, how do I get them to get to their positions before the shutter opens ?? :P

hi there, is the shutter in brightness or is it set in beamshape?

If it is in beamshape you can do 1 of 2 things.

you can use another sub to shut the shutter

you can create a fixture file that has the shutter on brightness.

if you set a slow ltp of 5sec on beamshape and have the rest set to snap, this may make the fixture set before the shutter opens, but if you put the shutter onto brightness you will be able to trigger the position, colour and beamshape without any light coming out of the fixture.

i do not know the fixture you are talking about but i would asume that the above info is correct for it.

if you would like a fixture file made im sure if you posted the dmx protocal somone would make you one. i would but am going to be away from my computer for the next couple of days.

long winded post, sorry :?

ok thanks for the relpy !

I can't put the dmx charts up because i cant upload them anywhere !

But if anybody out there could help me, i can email them to you ?

I know they are up there thanks to martin but i need the shutter on the dimmer button not the gobo !

thankyou ! 8O

I can't put the dmx charts up because i cant upload them anywhere !

A search around www.geni.com.tw has revealed the following:

Click.

On the right-hand side is a JPG file with the DMX channel data.

This is for the mojo 1x, not sure which exact model you are referring to but the others are on the site also.

Hope this helps :)

sp

I've tried the link here again, and asked someone else to check, and we can still get to the webpage. Does it matter now? I thought Haytech had sorted the fixture file for you here?

Well if you still want the DMX channel data for the mojo 1, it is like this:

248.jpg

The site doesn't seem to have the DMX channel data for the mojo 2, but this will probably be in the manual.

sp

OK, Here goes......

im sorry bout the confusion everbody !

all i wanted to do was control a mojo scan 1 and a mojo scan 2 from a bull frog desk.

i programmed some chases and they worked fine when they were running, but when i put the sub they were on down, the lights still stayed on with the position and beam.

i just wanted the shutter to close when the sub came down!

i was told that the shutter had to be on the dimmer button for this to be possible !

dont worry if this isn't possible !

thankyou to everyone who helped !!

as I've just posted on another topic on your mojos :) , I think the issue is you can't seperate the gobo and shutter control of your fixtures, as they are both on one DMX channel. As suggested by others, your best bet is to keep this channel on the gobo wheel (LTP), and just have another submaster or beamshape palette to close the shutter. Then you can just hit this to close the shutter when you need to.

Regards,

sp