Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

scanner prob

dmxeater

This might make me sound a bit ignorant... 8O but im trying to link a mojo scan 1 and 2 to a bull frog desk. I'v got the drivers for them from the file exchange and inserted them into the 1st 2 fixture buttons. The scanners are linked in propperly but i can only get them to work using the 1st 4 generic sliders, and not the wheels ! This is making it control the 1st 4 parcans on the back bar as well as the scanner movement !

Can anybody please, please help he !!!! :?: :?: :?:

You need to set the DMX start addresses on the Mojo's to something greater than 96. Then make sure that the fixtures on the desk are patched to the same DMX addresses. Patching fixtures is a different operation to Assigning fixtures. Both need to be done correctly to be able to control the scans from the wheels.

If you set them both to a DMX address of 100 they will always behave exactly the same !

Presumably you would want individual control of each of the scanners and so you should patch one scanner to say 100 and the other to 104.

Patching fixtures is described in the operating manual Page 6-8

Check that the start address on the scanners themselves match the start address in the patch on the desk.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

As the mojo´s only have a gobo and a color wheel it would be advisable to run them via presets. When it is neccessary to run them by submaster then I would create a "home" submaster where all the mojo´s stop movement and blackout.

Sebastian H.

Pro - Sound Showtechnik

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Albert Einstein

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun"

Al Capone

With moving light fixture data on submasters, the submaster fader controls the brightness/intensity channels (HTP)

All other fixture parameters (colour, gobo, pan, tilt etc) are only triggered on the way up.

Therefore if the shutter is opened on raising the submaster fader past the LTP trigger level, it is NOT closed when the submaster is lowered.

You need another submaster with the shutter programmed as closed, or use a beamshape palette.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace