Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Brightness Pallette or similar

sp

Now I've had a trawl around old topics to see if this is mentioned - I can't find it but I'd be surprised if it hasn't been previously.

Could an update allow for certain HTP scenes to be recorded as some kind of pallette. These could then be used in the memory stack. I've seen this in a recent Blueroom topic, and have been in the same situation myself, where a single lantern is added to the rig, which needs to be put into many many cues. If one pallete-type scene could be changed, thus updating the cue stack, this would save lots of time.

As the number of pallettes is to be increased, could a simple brightness pallette option not be added also? Personally I can't think of any disadvantage to this, aside from the software development that would be required.

If not, then does anyone have any suggestion as to how a change is made to many cues quickly, aside from fast fingers :) ?

sp

as far as i've understood, palettes are not recorded into cues or memories at all. Merely their value is stored. For it to do so would require some major reprogramming which will add to the amount of money you'd be paying for the desk.

if one million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.

When you record a memory/submaster/SX, any Colour/Beamshape/Position attribute showing on the wheel LCD as Pxx (xx is the palette number) will record a link to the palette rather than the current output value. Hence changing the palette will change everything that is linked to it.

In Frog2, you can if you like store any attribute (including Intensity) in any palette.

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely appreciate that you have added this feature to the Frog2, and all the associated posts with regards to only developing these Frogs so far, but could the feature I've suggested not be implemented very easily? It would be identical in operation to colour, beamshape and position palettes.

I still see, and have been in, situations where a large memory stack has been built, and then a change is made that affects 30 or so memories. Surely brightness palettes would be so much better than wasting hours changing many many memories?

sp

Brightness Palettes - would be identical in operation ... probably ... but there is a major difference between brightness and colour/beamshape/position parameters as mentioned numerous times elsewhere ... ie they are processed HTP rather than LTP.

So even if you had brightness palettes and referenced them from memories, submasters etc if another source was outputting the same channels/brightness parameters at a higher value then that is the value you would see, not necessarily the one in the palette .... just something to bear in mind :D

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace