Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

bass sound indicator

nighteyes

last night, i had an adjustable audio input signal on my fatfrog. complete with equalizer so i could filter out high frequencies. but trying to get the audio signal on a right volume so my lights would work nicely and smooth was somewhat difficult by just looking at the lights.

would it be possible to put an indicator on the outputs screen showing when the audio input circuits are receiving a "step trigger"? Meaning everytime the desk generates a trigger for the next step which it receives from the audio signal, i would like to see something on the output screen, e.g. a dot flashing or something like that.

This way i could adjust my audio signal volume more easily to ensure a smoother and even triggering

if one million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.

Another nice bass-trigged feature would be to set the speed to 1/2 1/4 or *2 *4 the speed of the trigger.

For instance; we've got strobe's which flash only one time when you set the brightness channel from 0-100 at once and leave the speed channel at 0. That way you can create a chase which snaps on the snare, but it needs 2 steps. So that won't work since snare 1 will trigger it (flash) and the next snare will set it to 0 again (nothing happens). If the speed of the case could be multiplied by two this problem is solved.

Also for tapping and stuff, but maybe I'm just being lazy here :) Cool work cool on gobo chases etc.

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

We already have the following FR's logged, which should allow you to see when a chase advances (not only for sound input but for other drive options too):

Frog Reference 5345 - When playing back a chase on Playback X, would like to see the current step number.

Frog Reference 5357 - Manual Chases on Submasters - would be useful to be able to know what the current step is. [applies to other drive options too]

Frog Reference 5427 - Indication on the Main LCD and appropriate monitor screen of chase speed and current step for the currently selected chase (memory, submaster, SX button).