Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Frog Reference Forum

wm8610

The Frog Reference (FR) numbers are used in our super secret Zero 88 Frog database for tracking bug reports and feature requests from this Forum, support emails and phone calls we receive, feedback from training days & the sales team, and from our own internal development and testing. Currently this database is not published externally.

We do however endeavour to post the reference numbers assigned to all feature requests / bug reports posted on this Forum for 2 reasons (apart from our BSI auditors liking everything to have a reference number!):

[a] to allow you (and us!) to use the Forum Search facility to find related posts in other Topics (there are an awful lot of duplicate requests which use different terminology to ask for the same thing!)

so that you can watch for your favourite FR numbers in the Software Release Notes that accompany each software release.

We could publish the full database, but frankly the tedious level of detail and obscurity relating to most of the items would probably bore you to tears (if I stand on my head, with my right finger in my left ear, whilst holding down 'LOCK' and pressing the 'PROGRAM' button.... etc.) :)

• 7 months later...

Guessing that somewhere on this site, an admin has been posting about not publishing the " Unique Frog Reference Number List" (UFRNL; but I'm not sure), it would be convenient to know which issues are on this list. This applies especially to features and bugs.

The reason is simple: is a certain feature already put forward and/or a bug reported?

There is of course no need for immediate classification of importance from the Zeroboard, or even a 'To be expected in the next release' indication. After all, you're running the shop.

Searching through the forums can be time consuming, apart from using (choosing) the right arguments.

Linking the references to the corresponding topic on a forum might give the user a possibility to find the solution to an issue swiftly.

I presume the sales department clever enough to modify the results from the hits list into increasing revenues...

Mars wrote:

Hey, I can't find the search button, gimmi a quick answer huh.

See also: Unique Frog Reference Number List Index; to be reviewed.

:wink:

• 1 year later...

What about a kinda "Frog Reference Thread" where all Frog Reference Numbers with explanations are listed by software version number.

Or at least everything which may be integrated someday as part of one of the future releases.

So, if you don't start drinking...I'm gonna leave!!!