Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Scrolling past zero in fx-engine

ice

Sometimes when I'm working with the effect generator, I get the idea that the size-x and size-y values can be scrolled past 0. The display won't show negative values, but when you scroll the wheel up again there's nothing happening... You have to scoll for a while, and then suddenly the value starts going up again.

I've tested this and you can easily reproduce it by scrolling down size X for while, and then start going up again... you'll have to be patient for it to reach 0 again!

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

I'm aware of that, but I think that when you're working in relative mode 0 should be 0, and not -100 or something. The console should quit decreasing when it gets to zero, and when you turn the wheel up again raise to 1 at the very first step. It doesn't.

You're right that it does this when working in absolute mode, but I rarely use that and don't want to start. It wasn't intended to have this behaviour i hope?? Otherwise why would you want this? It's a bit confusing that nothing happens for a while when your turn the wheel.

I checked; and it has the same behaviour going up; the value sticks at 255 but when you keep on turning the wheel it takes the same amount of turning it down again to see any effect of that. In my opinion when it's set to 255 turning it down should immediately set it to 254 and on.

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)