Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Could someone please walk me through programming a chase?

_chris_

- Hold memory type, until it is set to Chase

- Set your fixtures to step 1

- press program

- Set fixtures to step 2

- press program

repeat this for the number of steps you need and to finish press enter.

now you've created a chase :wink:

• 5 months later...

I too am confused about programming chases. I understand the process outlined above, but still have a few questions.

1. Once I setup my chase steps, how do I playback the chase?

2. How do I setup a second, third,... chase?

3. How do I assign various chases to submasters for playback?

4. In order to "slow down" how fast the intel. fixtures move, how do I do that (I'm using SGM Victory-II 250's). I basically don't want them to "snap" from one position to the next. (Although I do in some situations!) I am programming some fixtures for a dance/nightclub environment.

Thanks a bunch in advance!

Playback is done by selecting the corresponding memory and hitting the "go" button. You can alter the chase parameters by using F3... hit F3 and then memories and now you can alter the speed, direction, attack etc.

A second chase is set up in exactly the same way. Just select another memory and repeat the steps.

You can assign chases to submasters with the "transfer no time" button located on the left of the main LCD. select the memory (chase) you want to copy and select the submaster you want to use. You can do this by pressing the flash button of that submaster for quick copying. Once copied, you can start your chase by raising the submaster, and stop it by lowering it again. Once again is it possible to change the parameters live: press F3 -> submasters and then the submaster button you wish to change.

If you want to chase movement (also try the effect generator) and fade the steps, you'll have to set the desk up for this. While creating the chase (or editing it afterwards) you can choose "snap" or "fade" for colour/beamshape/position. Set position to "fade" and movement will be smooth.

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

Edit: Damn, I'm slower than ICE :cry:

1. Once I setup my chase steps, how do I playback the chase?

Edit: see point 3

2. How do I setup a second, third,... chase?

If you are programming the chases on a memory, you just have to change the number of the memory and create a new one.

When programming directly on subs, change the number of the sub.

3. How do I assign various chases to submasters for playback?

If you have programmed the chase on a memory, go to memories via the memory button, select the memory and press transfer no time + the flash button of the sub where you want the chase to be on. repeat this for multiple chases.

4. In order to "slow down" how fast the intel. fixtures move, how do I do that (I'm using SGM Victory-II 250's). I basically don't want them to "snap" from one position to the next. (Although I do in some situations!) I am programming some fixtures for a dance/nightclub environment.

when programming a chase you can choose if the Pos action is snap or fade and then set the speed.

chases.jpg

you can program a chase directly on a submaster and playback it with the sub. to do this you press the submaster button, then select the desired submaser number and repeat the steps to create a chase.

really??

I always thought you had to transfer chases from a memory?? dont think you can program straite to sub?

or is this the new software?

i cant try it either :-(

You can program channel data (generic channels and fixture parameters) directly onto a submaster.

You cannot program a chase directly onto a submaster - you program a memory as a chase (see earlier) and then simply transfer the chase memory onto the submaster.

Never tried to program a chase directly on to a sub, but I thought that if it works with chanal data, a chase would work also. :oops:

A Chase does work with channel data of course but it is a more complex type of memory than the more simple scene memory.

A chase is a number of steps each of which contain channel data (generics and fixtures) but there are also a number of modifers that are stored as part of the chase memory which determine how it runs (Direction, Attack, Drive, Speed, Colour Action, Beamshape Action and Position Action).

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace