Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

9.8 problems

sp

Now I must admit I was in a bit of a rush earlier and didnt get to fiddle about much, but I did seem to notice these problems with the new update:

Firstly, the Return key on the keyboard can now be used as a remote Go. This worked fine, but if I moved to any other field (change fade time etc.) and then back to the number field, I could no longer use return to 'Go.'

It seemed I needed to keep fiddling with the scroll lock key after changing fields, to get it to work again.

Secondly, I tried to name some submasters, but found that I couldnt. I was in the 'Name' dialog, but the only keys that had any effect were spacebar and backspace, I couldnt type any letters.

This wasn't the keyboard at fault, as I tried another one.

Any ideas?

sp

Note that when I first updated everything seemed fine, but something must have changed today :? I am unable to replicate this on the Phantom Frog, but a few technicans tried the desk today, and had these problems, so its not just me :)

We'd tried rebooting it as well.

sp

I had a similar problem with the keyboard.

after setting up the remote switches to use them from the keyboard for jumping to cues, the keyboard would let me use the navigation and enter keys and also the remote switches but I couldn't type in numbers to get to jump between cues on the memory stack or to edit timing values for playbacks.

Rebooting the desk solved the problem and I havn't been able to make it do the same thing since.

Pearl :)

Nope, still can't reproduce this one :cry:

The only odd things it does for me, is that the first time I press any of the cursor keys, it turns Scroll Lock on. :? Also the Pause/Break key seems to toggle NumLock :?

Next time you lose the letters and numbers, can you try unplugging and replugging the keyboard (as opposed to doing a desk reboot) and let me know if this makes any difference.

Ta,

Paul.

I'll try the unplug thing tomorrow.

What about this Paul, you're in the memories screen, using the Enter key to go through the cues, then you move the cursor into the fade time fields. Then you move back again to the number field, does the Enter key still work?

It seems I have to fiddle with the scroll lock before it does again.

sp