Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Channel Lights

PaulioTheGreat

The light at the bottom of the submaster is meant to come on - it indicates that the submaster is fading in/out. After a few seconds (set in the fade time for the submaster), the light will go out to indicate that the submaster is at its full level. Switching submaster pages whilst the submaster is raised results in the submaster light flashing, to show you that the raised level is coming from another page and not from the current one.

Preset A/B lights aren't meant to come on. (I assume you're referring to some sort of 'level indication' on the flatbuttons - please correct me if i'm wrong)

Hope this helps.

Peter

Peter Kirkup

The light at the bottom of the submaster is meant to come on - it indicates that the submaster is fading in/out. After a few seconds (set in the fade time for the submaster), the light will go out to indicate that the submaster is at its full level. Switching submaster pages whilst the submaster is raised results in the submaster light flashing, to show you that the raised level is coming from another page and not from the current one.

Preset A/B lights aren't meant to come on. (I assume you're referring to some sort of 'level indication' on the flatbuttons - please correct me if i'm wrong)

Hope this helps.

Peter

Yes thats what i meant, so if this is the case, what are the lights for presets a and b for?

The LEDs in the Channel Flash buttons are used to indicate channel selection in Autopatch -> Selected (Super User), and also (on the moving lights desks) to indicate programmed Palettes and Groups.

See also THIS TOPIC and THIS TOPIC.

[There are only flash buttons under the Preset B faders on the Frog series, which are toggled between 1-24 and 25-48 using the Shift button. Bullfrog users read 1-48 and 49-96. If you've really got some Preset A buttons/LEDs - wow :lol: ]

edit: fixed links

lol me and my drill and bluetack!

its just useful to know what lights are on and what are not when taking a quick glance, as often with programming, lights are on with presets a & b faders at 0 and its not clear what channels are on, just thought they would serve more of a purpose than some sections of super user thats all.

Thanks Paul

Hi Paul,

Are you using the desk with an external VGA monitor? As No1_Moose suggests, the Outputs screen will show you the exact levels of all 48 channels, plus a colour coded indication of whether they are fading up or down.

The LEDs in the flash buttons could only ever show you 24 channels at a time, and could only be On or Off (they can't be dimmed I'm afraid).

Regards,

Paul.