Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Version 9.8 looks great

sp

Just got my floppy ready with the new update to take in tomorrow. :)

Having a read of the update details, it looks fantastic, especially the various additions to the keyboard interface.

I'm very pleased about the 'Go' button addition - a wireless keyboard now becomes so much more useful!

Can't wait to try out the new features - thanks guys :wink:

sp

preemeinent work Zero88 !

All troubles I had once with FR5490 are fixed ! *terrific*

The movement effects engine is working very good.

Very nice addictional keyboard funktionality.

Thank you for that.

You guys are great :D :D

PS:

I checked V9.8 in the last two houres it runs very stable - just to nip any doubts in the bud :)

Sebastian H.

Pro - Sound Showtechnik

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Albert Einstein

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun"

Al Capone

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi all, a huge fan of the Frog here - used it for 2 x 6 month seasons, every day. I got to know it so well that I set one up over the phone. Problem is, that was over 3 years ago I think, and it was running version 9.

I am about to embark on a panto which not only am I LD and op for, but I have to look after props and sound effects and program the other desk before we open. That being the case, I want to sit down at the Frog, and know where I am. The desk I am about to hire has even older software on it, so it would be handy to have the 20 pages of subs if nothing else!

Although I can see there are lots of interesting things in the latest release, I simply won't have time to mess about with it/set it up to do what I expect.

Would it be possible for someone to post the version 9 software somewhere for me please? (it is a Fat Frog despite me calling it a Frog)

Many thanks in advance.

Version 9.8 can still be downloaded HERE. However if you look at what's new and been fixed in 10.9, I don't know why you'd want to go back. The new stuff in version 10 (parameter level programming, brightness tagging, tracking, replay tagging) is now all optional, so you can set the desk up to work just like 9.8 did (by default it mostly does this anyhow), but with lots of other general improvements and definitely less bugs.

Magic, thank you so much. It is in fact, an upgrade to a Frog which has never been upgraded! It is most useful to know that 10.9 can be used like 9.8, but at the moment I will just use 9.8. Next month, I will go and spend a day with the desk and some movers and teach myself what is new. I hadn't realised how out of touch I was with it!

Thanks again.

I must admit, the bugs that look to have been soerted are going to get to me, but I just need to get the show up and running, and I trust my brain on 9.8!