Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Chase Live edit, made easier?

Halo_djk

Just wondering if it would be possible to drop a step from the edit live chase function on the frog range.

Would it be possible to drop the "SX" or "Submaster" selection and just press F3 then the button you wish to modify? As you're about to press a SX button or Submaster button anyhow, why do you have to press the SX or Submaster selection button as well considering the desk knows it is a SX or Submaster button anyway.

We have also found it a little confusing that all the running chase lights either on the SX buttons or the Submaster buttons go OUT instead of coming on (Or staying on) when you go to edit a chase. It would be so much easier to edit a chase if the currently operating chase buttons lit up when you select the live edit function.

We find you press F3, then the SX button, the forget what SX we wish to edit, because the LEDS have gone out.

Is it a possibility to arrange it so when you press F3, all running chases light up, be it on the SX buttons or the submasters, then you just press the lit button that you want to edit? (Skipping the SX, or Submaster button in the middle) Obviously selecting a Memory, may still require this step, but I don't understand why the SX or Submasters do. 8O

But at the moment it's three steps, and after you press say the SX button, all ther running SX selection buttons that have chases running, have their LEDs go out, a little annoying.

Many a time I have pressed F3, SX, then had to cancel it because I can't remember what chase I was wanting to edit!

What does happen if you press a SX that isn't actually active I wonder?

I suspect there's a good reason behind this, like being able to select just the chase on the memory stack for live editing, and still being able to use the submaster / sx flash buttons as normal. I'm sure K-Nine will fill us in on the thinking here tomorrow.

Anyhow, how many button pushes did it take you to post this on the forum? You could have saved them for use on the desk :lol: