Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

HELP! Generic scenes and fixture problems

Jason

Please help! For some reason when I try to change a generic scene in a submaster, my 250+'s decide to change aswell. At first I thought I might have selected the fixtures by mistake before hitting program when writing the show. This is getting really frustrating now. Can somebody please tell me where I'm going wrong? :x

Hi Jason,

Make sure you've got the desk's Program Mode set to Partial (as opposed to Full) in Super User.

Then make sure when you hit Program that none of the yellow LEDs on the fixture buttons for the 250+'s are flashing.

It's the yellow (tagged) LEDs that indicate whether or not the fixtures will be recorded when you hit Program, not the red (selection) LEDs.

Also, remember that the Fixture Brightness parameter is ALWAYS recorded, regardless of the state of the yellow LEDs.

Hope this helps,

Paul.

Hi Jason,

yepp Paul is right! :lol:

There is no big problem with switching from full to partial mode. The only thing is, programs stored in full mode lose their times. Be aware storing a show will also store ALL parameters of the desk!

Even if you have switched your desk into partial mode, a show loaded from disk( programmed in Full Mode) will also change program mode to Full again!!!! 8O

cheers

Sven Paulsen

Klangfarbe Vienna

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

What I do is with the new software installed is use full mode but I only use the submasters for generic channels only. I use the memories for all my movers only and run both at the same time. Go into super user and go to desk defaults and turn the LTP trigger off on Submasters. I don't have my desk in front of me now so I am trying to remember how to tell you. I was having the same exact problem as you. I went ahead and set the LTP trigger level to 99% just for safe measure also, lol. The LTP trigger is a time that will trigger your movers when you slide the fader to the percent that it is set for. Then what ever scene you had up when programming that sub on the movers will trigger back to it when you bring that fader up. This is the easy and best way around your problem from my experience. I tried all that partial mode with the tagging the fixtures and all but if you don't use your movers in the subs then do what I just explained. It saves you a lot of headaches with trying to figure out what has been tagged and not. I hope this helps you!

• 2 years later...

Hi

I have been having problems where my Intelligent Fixture is being (involuntarily) programmed into all of my submasters. Thus, whenever I turn one on, the IF dims to 0 and returns home, ruining any effect I might have wanted. Am I right in saying that this is a similar problem to the one mentioned above and if I set the desk to "partial" mode, it will allow me to run the IF seperate to the subs?

Thanks in advance

A.M. Walp

All/Channel indicates whether ALL colour attributes are programmed together, or just Cyan on its own. The default (Colour=All, Beamshape=Channel, Position=All) is best.

LTP stands for Latest Takes Precedence. The last thing you changed is what is output. The opposite is HTP (Highest Takes Precedence), which is how brightness channels are mixed from different sources.

Peter Kirkup