Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Programming Sugestions

Rand

Good day all -

First time on the board...

I'm using a Fat Frog for the first time in a show in April. I'm a little confused on the best way to set up the desk and program the show. It's actually going to be pretty simple. I'm using 6 conventional lights up front, (leko's and cans) a couple of par / scrollers under some spandex, and I have four towers each with a par/scroller and technobeam.

I'm gonna need about 10 to 15 preset looks, and would like to be able to move between them easliy, but not necessarily in any order.

I'm assuming partial mode is the best way to set up. Is the best way to program this to use a memory stack or to put the scenes on the submasters? I'm renting all my equipment so I''ll only have about 6 hours to set up and program the show. Trying to figure out as much as possible before hand... and yes I have read the manual (just finished it, cover to cover... ah!!!)

Thanks ahead of time for all the help!

-Rand

Hi

I would program palettes as quickly as I could once I had the rig up. Colours on the scrollers and techno's. The some positions, gobos etc.

Would use these to build looks in the cue stack and then would transfer them to the submasters. I would program in partial as I could also then over ride a sub with a palette or mix a sub with open white positions together with colours or beam shapes on another sub.

Have a play with Phantom Frog and you will be able to patch your show etc before you get the kit. Remember to take the disk to the show! If you have the colours for the scrollers you could also probably work out the DMX values to record you colours. You could also do this with the techno beams if you use their manual to record gobos and colours as palettes.

Graham