Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Submaster full integrated

Martin

Scene memories and chase memories are two distinct types of memory and have different parameters and modifiers.

'Simply' taking the outputs and recording them as a chase memory is far more difficult than it may sound 8O

Potentially you could have up to 12 or even 24 (bull frog/mambo frog) different chases running at the same time all with different modifiers (direction, actions, drives, speeds), plus a memory from the playback X, plus contributions via the generic faders, control wheels etc.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Not sure what you are saying here, but why not program the chase memory that you want, and any additional channels directly onto another submaster, then raise the two at the same time, remembering that any generic or brightness channels common to both submasters will be output on a HTP basis :P

Bran Media | Myspace

I am one of the users, that actually uses the timecode (sometimes) and also uses the Auto (other times) so there doesn't have to be a man without any know-how about the desk to run a show, i also use some architectual lighting sometimes, and i can only have one chase at a time, Thats the problem!,

But i still dont see the problem, why not do this, it must be easy just to integrate the submaster levels in the memorys..

Or else, make the desk operating system open-source? and make a little guide on how it is build/edited.. then every user could customize the operating system...

Move while dark! -> GOGOGO! :D

Thank you Zero for the FR 5402 :)

We're not going to make the Frog open-source I'm afraid. Very quickly it would all become very messy and would tie up a lot of our time supporting it.

If you need to run multiple chases simultaneously from a memory stack then you should be looking at the Frog2 console. I think you could even do something similar with Macros triggering submasters on the Illusion500. In all honesty I think this kind of complexity is beyond where we currently see the Frog series going.

If you wish to run several chases at the same time - use the submasters - that is what they are there for :D

The memory stack is designed to go through the stack of programmed memories (which may or may not include chase memories) sequentially using the GO button or automatic or timed triggers.

Bran Media | Myspace

First of all, i have had the frog for about two years, and i dont have the money to replace it, and i had the impression that this was a common feature when i bought, i know i should have checked, but older desks i used got the feature, so i thought it was "normal"...

Using the submasters, there have to be a man with know-how at the place, and that is expensive... I really dont see the problem, why not make the submaster levels a part of memory data, that would solve all problems...

and i dont see what to lose by doing it, it cant take long? the only thing i want is that when i program a memory it shall record the levels on the submasters....

else the desk is nearby useless in architectural lighting and so on...

I beg you

No-one is saying that this is not a valid suggestion or would not be a useful feature on the Frog. However we have to make a commercial judgement as to how much we are going to give away to existing Frog users, against investing this effort in more advanced products such as Illusion500 and Frog2. We also need to consider how adding these types of complex features would detract from the ease-of-use of the Frog series. In this instance, we feel that this sort of feature is best left to higher specification product. We're sorry if you don't agree with us on this, but we do not have unlimited resources to implement every feature that is suggested. That said, we do appreciate feature suggestions, and they do get much discussed around the office. There are many suggestions on this forum that have not and maybe will not make it in to the Frog series, but have guided us on the development of other products such as Frog2.

If you wish to upgrade to a Frog2, then we would be happy to offer you a trade-in on your existing desk. Get in touch with your local sales contact if you're interested.

I know that you have to make money (cause that is what you are saying) but then i dont see why you cant make it open-source?.....

That would be the only way for me to have the feature, because i felt that the decision is already made, this feature will never come...

And i have to say that I am really not interested in the frog 2, because i really like my fafrog, it just have a big dark holde, I discovered...

But okay, i see when I have lost, (and this is one of those times) i will just have to go home sad............