Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Chase from submaster to memory?

Martin

Hey,

I have a urgent qustion, i have made some chases on the submasters, and i want them included in some memorys so when i set the light i want for the memory and raise the submaster with chase and presses "program" it only includes the one step of the chase that it is on when i press the button, help plz

Move while dark! -> GOGOGO! :D

Thank you Zero for the FR 5402 :)

I may have misunderstood you here, but are you saying you want a particular step of your chase programmed into a memory?

If so, raise the chase's submaster, and press the Chase Drive Modifier until 'Manual' is lit. Then press the Step button until the step you want is output. Then go to the memories screen, select where you want the step included, and press program.

If you want the scene that is already on the memory as well, output the memory on the Playback X, and put the Playback X master up.

Hope this what you were after,

sp

No, you miss understand me, i want the whole chase! but when i press program it only take the exact step (that is the problem)!

Fx: (this is what happens)

I have made a chase with to generic flashing, the chase is on a submaster, i set some other generics at the preset and now i want to program a memory where the chase is running and the generics (preset) is up so i raise the submaster and press program (MEM 1 ) and when i run the memory the chase aren't runing!

Firstly, the chase you have on the submaster must have been created on a memory first - that is the only way to create a chase.

Right, so you want two generics flashing, while a few others stay on all the time? Let's forget the chase on the submaster altogether. Try this:

1. Raise the presets you want for the generics that will stay on throughout. These should be outputting.

2. Raise the presets for the first lantern/s you want on in the chase. These should be outputting as well.

3. Go to the memory where you want this stored, and clear anything already on it.

4. Lower the Playback X master. Hold the Chase type button until 'Chase' is lit.

5. Now press Program.

6. Lower the presets for the first lanterns in the chase, but keep the others raised that you want on all the time.

7. Raise the presets for the second lantern/s you want on in the chase

8. Press program

9. Now set all the chase options you want, drive etc. then select finish.

10. Lower all presets.

11. Raise the Playback X master, you should now have all the generics you want on, along with the others flashing.

Basically, a memory can be a chase or a scene - not both. To give the appearance that both are on a single memory, you program the static scene into every step of the chase. When you program a memory, you are not giving it details of the chase sequence, just whatever is outputting as you hit the Program button.

This memory can now be transferred onto a submaster. When the sub is raised, all the generics will stay on, along with the two that are flashing.

Hope this makes sense, and is what you're after.

sp

It is not what i want!

Is just want it to be like, when i program a memory it shall program all, also raised submasters, so if i got a submaster up with a chase, and I program a memory with som other lights set (preset), so the submaster's chase wil keep running in the memory I program!

It is not what i want!

Is just want it to be like, when i program a memory it shall program all, also raised submasters, so if i got a submaster up with a chase, and I program a memory with som other lights set (preset), so the submaster's chase wil keep running in the memory I program!

Well that's not possible I'm afraid. You'll just have to do it step by step like I mentioned above.

sp

When you program a scene memory, you effectively take a snapshot of the outputs at the point you press the PROGRAM button - so if you have moving lights moving as a result of a raised submaster (this could be from a position chase, movement effect or FROG function) you still only pick up the instantaneous values on pressing PROGRAM.

If you want to program a chase memory - you have to select an unprogrammed memory, make it a chase and program each step as required.

If you want to have a chase memory which is based on an exisiting chase but contains additional channels - then copy the original chase and then edit the new one - by adding in the channels to each step.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace