Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Is it possible to copy fixture pallets????

Bobbo

Hey there frog users,

I have a few questions, even after reading (almost) all the topics, and I hope that someone can help me???

My company uses the whole frog series’ already for more than 3 years, so I know the console quite good.

But

1)Is it possible to copy fixture pallet info (preset/focus) to another fixture number?

2)Is there a possibility to add a fade time between pallets, without working from the memories or sub masters?

3)Is there maybe room on the I-net site so we can set our fixture pallet info on it. So people can exchange them.

4)A time ago someone said on this forum, that you could change your show name on the pc and than still use it on the console.

I tried it but it didn’t work, the desk doesn’t see it.

Hopefully someone can help me,

Thanks

Bob

Hi Bobbo,

here are a few answeres.

1)Is it possible to copy fixture pallet info (preset/focus) to another fixture number? As far as I know the answer is no!

2)Is there a possibility to add a fade time between pallets, without working from the memories or sub masters?

This issue has been discussed earlier in this forum. The actual frog software does not support fadetimes for palettes

3)Is there maybe room on the I-net site so we can set our fixture pallet info on it. So people can exchange them.

That´s an interesting point of view, but I think this does not make sense. You are always saving whole shows which include the complete desk data.

So you can´t seperate the palette data from the rest of the show. I think you are talking almost of a more detailed fixture lib. :wink: Well try the Frog 2 then. :twisted:

4)A time ago someone said on this forum, that you could change your show name on the pc and than still use it on the console.

Yepp, that´s possible. As long as you do not name your show with more than 15 signs. ( K-Nine, please correct me if I am wrong!!! :lol: )

If the desk can not read the disk it is almost a crapped disk.

cheers

Sven Paulsen

Klangfarbe Vienna

You can copy data from one fixture to other fixtures. Works best if the fixtures are the same type, otherwise you get all sorts of odd results :D

1. Select the fixture(s) that you wish to copy the data to.

2. Hold down the relevant attribute selection button (brightness, colour, beamshape, position).

3. Select the fixture that you wish to copy the data from.

Simple :)

Ice you're right this has been mentioned before, CLICK HERE.

edit: fixed link

Thans everybody.

But sorry this is not what I mean. Maybe the question is format wrong, and then I’m sorry.

I want to copy it because we use the fat and the bull frog. So if I used the bull for a show and all the fixture select buttons where assigned (24). Lets say 1 to 12 Martin mac 250 and 13 to 24 martin mac 300. My pallets are full white colours and beam shapes. Now I want to use the fat frog 6/6 250’s/300’s. If I load the show my table sees only the 250 and the first 24 pallets colour and beam shape. So I want to move on the bull frog fixture 13 to 18 => 7 to 12 so if I load now the show on my fat frog I don’t have to make new pallets for the 300’s.

I hope it’s a little bit clearer now.

And copping pallet info like a dimmer % to an other fixture I already new.

Laterrrrrrrr!!!

Nope that's impossible, but you could use a walk-around for that I think.

You've got the Bull Frog with 1/12 = Mac 250 and 13/24 = mac 300 which have the same pallets (same colour for the same kind of fixture).

Now you edit your fixture assignment and place macs 250's to 1/6 and macs300 to 7/12 (leave the 300's on 13/24 there!).

Now return to your show and copy the pallets from fixture 13 (mac 300) to all macs 300 on 7/12. This way they should have the correct pallets and your configuration is done. Now save that new show to a disk and the Fat Frog will have 1/6 Mac250 and 7/12 Mac300!

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)