Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

All the colors and gobos come around when going to a new que

lhbraber

hello fooks,

I have a question;

I was working with a MA Lightcommander for years, but recently we've bought a Zero 88 Fatfrog.

I use many parcan lights, but also 2 moving heads and 4 scanners.

Last time I had a show, a concert from an orchestra and I programmed several cues. But when changing to the next cue the audience sees all the gobos and colors come by.

How can I solve this ??

Any ideas ??

Question two:

when programming a chase, par example the color.

How can I later 'tap' the speed of the chase on the music ?

When going from one memory to the next on the memory stack the colour, beamshape and position parameters for the programmed fixtures can either snap or fade to their programmed values. If set to fade they will fade in the LTP fade time for the memory. If you want the colours and gobos to change instantly (or as fast as the actual fixture will change them) - then set the colour and beamshape action to snap in the memory.

Beat Drive Modifier for chases: CLICK HERE

Live adjustment of chase modifiers: CLICK HERE

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

(Looks like K-nine was writing his reply just as I was writing mine!)

You could program a cue between the normal cues, which changes the gobos and colours with the brightness at zero. The next cue then brings the brightness back up.

Using Dwell times and automatic triggering for the subsequent cue, you could press Go, the lights will go to black (or fade, if you set fade times), change their gobos, and then automatically come up.

You will very likely need other lanterns to cover this changeover, so these will need to be included in the cue also - remember all HTP values are always recorded.

-

Whilst running a chase, press the Chase Drive Modifier Button until Manual is lit. You can then use the Step button to trigger the chase.

Or, if you press the Chase Drive Modifier again, you can use beat mode (manual and bass lights lit). By tapping the Step button, you can set a beat for the chase.

Hope this helps,

sp