Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

LTP Fades between chase steps

Pearl

Do the LTP fade times attached to chases apply to LTP fades between steps of the chase or just to the initial step when the chase is played back as a memory?

I am using a Fat Frog with version 9.6 software to control a mixture of moving heads and scans for a touring show and would like to be able to set up a chase which will step through position pallettes using the manual function in the drive control so that the movers will change position at a set speed when the step button is pressed.

I have programmed this and found that despite setting the the position changes to FADE and setting a fade time of 5 seconds, the positions will snap between states when the step change is triggered.

As I am already using the memory playback for other cues I can't make this work by making a stack of cues and stepping through them with the GO button. Also although I can set the motor speed on my MAC250's to produce a fade, I can't on the scans so that won't really work either

Does anyone have any (helpful) suggestions :?:

The time used for the Fade transition between chase steps, seems (by experiment with Phantom Frog!) to be dependant on the setting of the speed pot when the chase is programmed. This can be overridden with the speed pot when the chase is played back.

The Snap/Fade setting you're looking for is the one you see when editing the chase (Col Action, B/S Action, Pos Action), not the one you see on the memories screen (Colour, Beamshape, Position).

Thanks for that Paul.

After a bit more programming and experimentation, I have got this to work properly. I think that I must have been over riding the programmed step change speed with the FX playback speed control when checking over my cues.

Starting the chase with the speed pot set higher than the programmed speed (so that the chase speed is not picked up) lets me use the sub playback step button for manual stepping through the chase keeping the programmed LTP fades