Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Chase modifiers

ice

I created some chases with the drive modifier set to manual. Now when I run that chase the modifier goes to manual as expected, but when I press it once, it then switches to auto while I'd expect it would go to bass/man. To get to bass/man I have to press it until it's on manual again, after that it'll go to bass/man as expected. Bug?

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

Playback X, haven't tried it from submasters

Phantom Frog does it too: create a 2 step chase and set it to the manual modifier. After that set the modifier to something different than manual; starting the chase will set it to manual again. Now press it and you'll see it hops to auto instead of bass/man I expected.

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

As you scroll up and down the memory stack using the +/- keys, the LEDs next to the chase modifiers will show you what is programmed in the selected memory (highlighted in yellow on the monitor).

However, when you press one of the chase modifier buttons, it's changing the live adjustment of the modifiers, which might not be the same as what's programmed in the selected memory.

I guess this is what you're seeing. It's a little confusing at first, but with one set of LEDs/buttons on the panel now providing 2 functions (since live chase modifier adjustment was added in release 9), there's not much else we can do.