Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Transferring memories...to memories?

sp

I know it's possible to transfer memories to submasters, so that any changes to the memory change all the submasters.

But, is it possible to do this from memory to memory?

My reason for asking is I've got a show coming up with many small plays. I'm receiving cue sheets, most of which just need 'basic cover' and a couple of variations.

I can't rig for a couple of weeks though, so can I program all my cues in any way, but link them to say, memories 1 and 2.

So when I do rig, I can just program memories 1 and 2 as I like, and all the cues will adjust accordingly.

I don't think this is possible but maybe I'm wrong...

Not in time for my show obviously, but could it be implemented easily, like transfer to sub, but transfer to memory?

sp

You're right twice!

1: It's not possible (at least not that I know of)

2: It's a damn cool feature! I've got a "pauze" scene I use in between sets or festival changes etc. If I want to change something there I'd have to change it, and then copy it again to every place it occurs. Such a link function would be great. I solved it in a different way though: using the jump to jump back to the same memory after the last song of the setlist. But I don't think that's a solution for your problem.

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

I'd love to use pallettes but I didn't realise they could be used with HTP values.

Hi,

pallettes refer to the LTP values color,beamshape,position to any kind of fixture. There is a way to use pallettes on generic lighting but it isn´t advisable as you can´t correct LTP values by rising or lowering any fader.

You can still insert a copy of your memory. And if your scenes 1 and 2 are already programmed, then copy your pause scene to memory 1.1

regards

Sebastian

Sebastian H.

Pro - Sound Showtechnik

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Albert Einstein

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun"

Al Capone

When you copy a memory from one location to another you simply get a copy of the memory data - there is no link or reference maintained internally between the source and destination memories.

That's my point, is there any chance in the future of being able to 'transfer' from one cue to another?

sp