Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Moving lights and submasters

mike.e

I am using the fat frog. I had prepared various states using conventional lanterns and had prepared a position for the MAC500's prior to putting into a memory. I wanted to mix these setting with a sub but when puting up the sub the MAC's went to "sleep"!! I have overcome the problem by using the sub first then positioning the MAC. My query was mainly for interest.

Is the desk in full or partial mode ?

If you are in full mode - all fixture parameters (brightness, colour, beamshape and position) will ALWAYS BE RECORDED AT THEIR CURRENT OUTPUT VALUES when you record a memory or submaster.

If you wish to have fixture data on submasters it is probably better to have the desk in partial mode and only tag those fixtures that you require to change when you raise the submaster fader - see manual for further details

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace