Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

F Keys as macros

gress

I think it would be nice to have the F keys as macros. I had one on my old light board. This way when people go in, they can press a key to just turn on certain lights and then another to turn them off.

Currently doing this on submasters but sometimes the page gets changed.

I may just end up hooking up some remote switches to do this.

• 2 weeks later...

So would that be a big job?. It would be very handy for striking lamps reseting fixtures etc..

Any word on the macro front?, at the moment I'm using up 6 very valuable beamshape pallets for lamp on, lamp off, reset, 3 for the mac's and 3 for the wash lamps. Could you use the brightness button, push and hold so you wont reset or turn the lamps off by mistake 8O .

• 2 months later...

I'm in favour too..!

GLX: you can of course program lamp off / on for all fixtures with 2 pallets, and select the ones you'd like to strike. I've now set up my rig so that it comes on automatically when the DMX input is plugged in, and goes off when the DMX signal is lost for > 2 mins.

Still I'm in favour of a greater number of pallets too! Maybe there should be somekind of a map function to map the keyboard keys to certain pallets / cues etc. on the console. Users could define themselves which links should be made between the keyboard and console.

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)