Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Mirrors wont position, LTP questions

gress

I know this is all training issues -

I am getting close to getting this board down. It’s a complete different way of doing things then on the ETC but I expected that. Thanks to all for posting replies to my previous questions and putting up with me! After working long hours at work and having kids at home to tend to, doesn’t leave me much play time on the board.

I did use the board for our concert/youth group we had last night and all went pretty well. Just a few more things that I am trying to figure out. I have 2 Martin 250's, 4 scrollers and 4 mirrors all set up as fixtures then my other conventials. I then have some memories set for different things (sermon, drama etc…) and on the submasters I have effects for the Martins. So everything was going for the music, using Submasters, FROG etc… It then came time for the message. I pulled all the submasters down - went to my memory for the message and it looked like my mirrors where parked at 0,0 instead of how I had them setup to point to places on the stage. So this made them point out in the crowd. So I tried to do a quick EDIT and hit the EDIT button thinking I could just pull down the fader for them. This cause all the lights to go out except the scrollers that where on RED - so everything turned RED :oops: . Recovered pretty quick by jumping back to the memory again ( but my scrollers never changed to white, they stayed on red and that is position 0). Then I later I read in the book that "Outputs from the PRESET faders and Current Memory on Playback X are faded out" This seems odd to me - what if I want to adjust a fader LIVE without causing anything else to happen?

What is the problem with my mirrors? It looks like anytime I use a submaster to play an effect I have, it moves the mirrors to 0,0 that I don’t even want to be using anyway. I have the board in PARTIAL mode and have only my MARTINS tagged when recording the submaster - is it also recording the mirror positions? If so, if I had all submasters down, played the memory I had to set the mirrors, why didn’t it move them the way I had it when I recorded the memory? What I want to happen is to be able to play a memory that sets my mirrors positions, scrollers and other conventials and just have my Martins on the submasters and be able to use the submasters without it effecting my memory playbacks.

I have some other problems where I had to HOME my Martins and then pull up the submaster again after using several effects because the positions where off. And other time where I was supposed to have only one Martin on but the other one had the dimmer open too. But I think that is because maybe I had something going on with a memory playback or another submaster - to fix that I just selected the fixture and pulled the dimmer down.

Sorry for the long post - its just going to be a couple more days before I can go back and try and figure out what's going and just wanted to post this to get some ideas - the main thing I need to get working are the mirrors positions to stay where I want them. I tried to set a position palette but that wouldn’t work either.

One other question, I really don’t understand LTP and LTP trigger level. Does LTP have something to do with my mirrors issue? How exactly does LTP work and what is trigger level 5% mean, 5% of what? And what examples can you give where you would set different LTP Trigger levels?

Thanks so much

When you edit a submaster live - it fades out any outputs from the presets and playback x (memory stack) so that you only see what is programmed on the sub and not a combintaion of outputs.

When recording fixture parameter data (channel data) directly onto submasters you are right to have the desk in partial mode, as this allows you to just record certain fixtures rather than everything.

Only the tagged fixtures will be recorded - but remember that if you simply press the PROGRAM button this will record all the colour, beamshape and position parameters for the tagged fixtures at their current output values.

If you only want for example to record the colour parameters - then hold down the COLOUR button and press PROGRAM.

LTP refers to the colour, beamshape and position parameters of a fixture which are processed using the LTP (Latest takes precedence) method.

On a submaster - the actual fader controls the HTP (highest takes precedence) levels of the HTP channels in the data recorded onto that submasters. The HTP channels are the generic/preset faders and fixture brightness parameters.

The LTP trigger level determines at what point the LTP channels programmed in the submaster are output. As the fader is raised through the trigger level - the LTP channels are triggered and will then snap or fade to their programmed levels as determined by the LTP fade time and LTP actions for colour, beam and position.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Thanks for the quick response -

I was certain that I had ONLY the MARTINS tagged and not the mirrors when recording them in the submaster. I will try again and see what happens.

It was not a submaster I was trying to edit live but a memory, I had all submasters faders down then GO on memory 30. Then I hit edit and that when they went out - I will try that again as well. Maybe I did something else.