Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Help with FROG + Bass trigger

samcoombes

I need to make my macs operate in frog mode to the bass of music.

I have plugged the music into the desk etc. but they still just sit there doing nothing??

Can somebody give me a step by step guide or sililar in how to set them up?

Also can this be programmed onto a submaster so I can turn it on / off whenever it's needed?

For example, submaster 1 has a general wash on the stage for presenting, then swap to submaster 2 when there is a dancing act, and the macs and generics go with the music - sorry just trying to work out the easiest way to do this as student here will be operating on the night and it's their first time!

Thanks in advance

Basically you need to select the fixtures you require to do the FROG movement, set their initial or base position using the pan/tilt parameters.

Set the pan and tilt parameters to FROG and adjsut the FROG parameters via the FROG screen. The Mode needs to be set to Sound to Light, the other FROG as required.

I suggest you look at pages 7-4 and 7-5 for full details of the FROG function

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

If you wanted a certain effect in time to the music, as opposed to a random output, then you could create a chase and select the bass drive modifier. This could then be transfered to a submaster, so that the sound-driven chase could be activated simply by raising the sub.

sp