Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

fixtures on submasters

EPPING

I have a fat frog and i had been using a mad scan on the submasters. I am in partial mode and have tagged the scanner. i programmed the scan on one position flashing and change colour. i fade up the programmed submaster which is fine but when i fade the submaster down the scanner stay on. does any one know what is going on??

i tried fading up other programmed submasters and playing back programmed memories, but the only way to stop the scanner is use the fixtures select the scanner and press the home button.

Is it the board or my programming thats not right??

Does the fixture have a dimmer channel or is the light output controlled by a shutter/strobe channel.

A dimmer channel will be defined as a Brightness (HTP) channel and therefore will be controlled by the position of the submaster fader, both when raising and lowering the fader.

If the fixture has a shutter/strobe this will almost certainly be defined as a beamshape parameter which is an LTP parameter.

On submasters, the LTP channels programmed in the channel data or memory are only triggered when the submaster fader is raised above the LTP trigger level for that submaster. There is no equivalent of a 'trigger' or 'release' LTP on the way down ... such is the nature of LTP operation on the frogs.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

so what you are saying is i can turn the fixture on but not turn it off, If it s light output is controlled by a LTP parameter. The light output on the scanner is linked to the gobo disc so it would be possible to assign the gobo to birghtness. With this scanner light output is just on or off. this should work?

That's not quite what I meant ... you can turn the light off but you need another action to do it ... the LTP data on a sub is only triggered on the way up.

You can select the fixture and adjust the shutter value with the wheel, you can program another submaster or a palette with beamshape data that closes the shutter, there are a number of ways to do this .

Which fixture exactly are you using ...if I could see the fixture data and parameter details it might be easier to figure out a simple solution :)

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

so the madscan 150 has four attribute pan, tilt, colour and gobo(which also controls the light output on or off). this is how i solved the problem..... using fixure editor i have charged gobo from beamshape to brightness, so i get the right control of the scanner when i am using the submasters.