Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Mating frogs...

achamb

There is an application coming up where I require the use of more than 12 fixtures on a fat frog. I know the ideal situation is a leap frog but unfortunately the bank budget won't allow this. I do however, have access to a second fat frog. Is there a way of getting them to mate so that I can have control over 24 fixtures in a kinda kinky master/slave way? If so, how can I help them to "get it together" if u know what i mean! :oops:

With Fat Frogs, no. You could however link the 'remote go' buttons so that when you press 'go' on one, it runs the cue on both.

Leap Frogs upwards could be fitted with the MIDI input card, allowing you to trigger one desk from the other.

Another thought is if you have access to a demux, you could wire a lead to take the +10v from one desk (via the demux) and put it back down the 'remote go' on the other one. You'd have to program something clever into your cues though, in order to trigger the other desk, and you'd also have to ensure the demux was set to switch law.

Peter Kirkup

Leap Frogs upwards could be fitted with the MIDI input card, allowing you to trigger one desk from the other.

Now where did you get this idea from? Yes you could do this sort of thing on the XL/XLS. No you can't do it currently on the Frog series. The only thing MIDI currently does is MIDI timecode.