Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Naming Memories & Submasters

dominicgross

hey, is it possible to input a name/text for a scene or sub on the frog - the option is on screen- but i can't get anything in there!!

this might be a bug or just not exist... on the monitor output there is a column for name or text...

i can''t seem to find a way to input anything into it....

help me out....

cheers, Dom

Dom Gross

Try hittting the F2 button (which happens to be the 'rename' function on a Windows PC) while you have the memory or sub selected. Magic.

It also works the other way around.

If you hit 'F2' with nothing selected, a requester will appear prompting you to select an item.

Once selected, you can name it.

Peter Kirkup

HI,

Text naming of items was first added when palettes were introduced (Release 3, I think) and was extended to include memories, submasters, fixture groups and SX buttons (Mambo Frog).

As the text field was not originally included on the memories or submaster screens, it was decided to provide a general naming function which could be applied to a variety of objects, hence the use of the F2 button.

Ensure that the main LCD is showing one of the main screens (Memories, submasters, outputs), then press F2.

A message is displayed asking you to select type of item to name ...

For memories: press MEMORIES button, then enter the required memory number and ENTER.

For submasters: select the required submaster page using the page up or page down buttons, then press the required submaster flash button.

For palettes: press the required attribute button (COLOUR, BEAMSHAPE or POSITION), then press the required palette selection button.

For fixture groups: press the GROUP button, then press the required group selection button.

When you have selected the item to name, use the up/down and +/- keys to enter the text from the front panel, or use an external keyboard.

Cheers, K-Nine.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi

Due to a really stupid get in arrangement I have had to programme for a show without the correct rig in place so have not actually seen the show lit as such. In order to save further time when I do finally get in and have chance to edit, is there anyway of naming memories using the Phantom Frog facility as my laptop will not allow me to?

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Greetings!

I've been trying to figure out how to assign a name to a submaster on the Fat Frog.

The problem is that when I'm on the submasters window, and I cycle through my columns it always skips

the name field for some reason. I'm probably missing something pretty obvious though! :rolleyes:

If anyone could shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Jos

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...