Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

problems

Christopherdean

Well to me it would sound like it needed a service - 10 minutes is far too long, and all the problems.

Blacking out the lights - that's no good at all for your show. 8O

What did the seller have to say about the desk?

Did they say it was in perfect order? If so, then it seems they've got some questions to answer. :?:

sp

Is there a floppy in your diskdrive?

Oh and that blacking out off all the lights is called a "feature" :P Just kiddin'; that's not normal if you're sure you're not doing anything which can cause that. Have you checked if your DMX output signal if good enough. Blackouts can easily be generated by faulty DMX wiring; max. 25 aparatus on each line, use DMX cable, NOT microphone; use a terminator and if you're making distances; use a proper (galvanic seperated) booster to get your signal to the other end of the line.

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

Here is the info on my fat frog serial number from the the desk info/super users menu 0073301 xxxxxxxx

serial number from back of console 0073301 xxxxxxxx

software version 9.6.1 7-4-2004

bios version 1.0.1 4-4-2001

When I plug in the frog the channel and sub flash buttons flash intermitantly and the sub page displays 88 for about 5 min then you can hear a drive spinning buttons continue to flash and 5 min or so later the frog will start up

Moderation: serial numbers removed.