Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Clear/Reset - Palettes

Pipo

Would it be possible to add a sub-menu to the clear/reset function in the super-user?

Clear pallets---->then select the pallet you want to clear.

I mostly have to delete the position pallet, so you can understand that it takes to much time to clear all 48 positions (on Mambo) manually.

Den Pipo

Pro Light Design

Just something to bear in mind, if you clear your palettes, then you will lose all your references to them in any memories, submasters or SX's.

I'm presuming that the purpose of clearing all the palettes, specifically all the position palettes, is to make it easier to reprogram them, for example when moving into a new venue where all the positions will have changed. To get rid of that pop-up that asks you to confirm whether you want the palette overwritten or not.

To this end, bearing in mind that you might want to keep your palette references in memories/submasters/SX's intact, would it not be a more useful option be to have a setting somewhere in super user, to allow overwrites of palette data without the confirmation pop-up? Maybe this would also disable the same confirmation on overwriting memories/submasters/SX's.

We'd be interested to hear your comments on this.

If you use the same show you're going to use the same pallets, so deleting them would be rather foolish.

It's more useful when you want an entire different show with the same equipment. You can empty the subs, empty the memories, but you don't want to reprogram all the colour and beamshape pallets you made (those are almost the same ones everytime, at least when I'm programming they are). What you do want to do is lose all of the positions since they've become irrelevant for the new venue.

That about it, it's just useful to re-use colors and beamshape and lose positions.

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

as I´m a yellow billed stork both of this options are very useful...

A option to cancel those silliy question "Sure to overwrite" on palettes

and another one to delete the position palettes seperate.

Sebastian H.

Pro - Sound Showtechnik

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Albert Einstein

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun"

Al Capone

Just something to bear in mind, if you clear your palettes, then you will lose all your references to them in any memories, submasters or SX's.

Maybe this sounds silly, but I never use the same show twice.

That sounds silly :P

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)