Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Submaster 11 not playing well with others

Litegod

I took my new Fat Frog out on it's first show last night. It was just a 60K conventional rig. Everything worked as planned except for a few times when I brought up SM 11, the Downstage lights came on like they should, but the Upstage lights would delay about 1-2 seconds. This didn't happen every time, and it seemed like SM 11 was the only one I had the problem on.

The channels in SM 11 was also programmed in other SMs, and it this didn't seem to happen in any other SM these dimmer channels were programmed into. All fade times were set at 0.00.0, and like I said...the problem was with just half the lights on SM 11. Any ideas???

This sounds like a weird problem to me, perhaps we'll wait until the weekend's over for those clever-clogs at Zero88 to shed some light on the matter. :)

All I can think of is to boot the desk up whilst holding down F1 on the front panel, to put it into test mode. Then, use the channel flash buttons to find the LCD screen to test submaster 11. Then slide the fader up and down and see if it responds correctly, via the value shown on the screen.

Maybe your downstage lights are less responsive than your upstage, so they don't show any problem as much?...You don't say what you're using.

It's a shame that your first post on the forum is about a problem! What if you try using the copy function to copy the entire sub data onto another sub. Still the same problem?

All I can think of I'm afraid.

sp

Maybe your downstage lights are less responsive than your upstage, so they don't show any problem as much?...You don't say what you're using.

The rig was 30 Par 64 Up and Down Stage...same dimmer rack...used the rack a billion times... These same dimmer channels were programmed into other SMs with no apparent problem.

I have the same rig going out this Wed., so I saved the show (also to disk) and was going to try a few things before show time. Maybe the Z88 guys will have some more suggestions before then!

Thanks all,

Garry

Did you try reprogramming the submaster? I've ran into some weird stuff using the subs, but reprogramming always solved the problems (too bad because it's hard reproducing bugs like that :))

Did you try this, because it's true, reprogramming often sorts things out.

sp