Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Edit home

Yves

Thinking of that... it would be a rather cool feature if pallet 1 became the "HOME" pallet.

Programming pallet 1 would overwrite the fixtures HOME parameters. Okay that won't work for brightness, too bad. Leaving pallet 1 unprogrammed would not change the home parameters and use default, fixturetype programmed values.

I noticed I always program the HOME values at pallet 1, so it wouldn't change my way of programming :D

And for the operators unwilling to sacrifice a pallet for such a function, add a superuser option "overwrite default HOME" with yes/no as options... done deal!

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

If you're willing to sacrifice a palette for this function, why would you care whether it was on the 'Palette1' button or the 'Home' button? It doesn't add anything.

Like ice suggests, the best solution is to program Palette1 with the Home values, and then edit Palette1 as required.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
If you're willing to sacrifice a palette for this function, why would you care whether it was on the 'Palette1' button or the 'Home' button? It doesn't add anything.

Like ice suggests, the best solution is to program Palette1 with the Home values, and then edit Palette1 as required.

Hmmm that's true, but you can reach HOME with only one press, starting a pallet takes two (hands). But I can manage using the first pallet.

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)