Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Chase Help Please

dougalzeb

I am probably just doing something stupid as I have not had much sleep recently but I can't seem to get a chase to continue running between 2 memories. The chase (generics only) is programmed into the first memory then in the second memory the chase needs to continue but also several generic channels need output all the time to light a backdrop. How can I get my Bullfrog to do this without having to re-program the chase again adding the static lights into each cue to get them to output all the time? I have been getting round it by using the chase from a sub and manually adding it as the cue requires but surely it is possible to have both cyc lights and chase saved as a single cue/memory?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Unfortunately, as far as I know, the only way to include your 'static' cyc lights as well as the chase in a single memory, is to include them whilst programming the chase :?

I.e. put up your cyc lights, then create your chase as normal, thus including them in the chase. This is down to the fact that the frog's cues are either a standard 'scene' or a 'chase', not both, as you wish. :(

sp

you are probably best to keep your cyc fixtures on a submaster and just note on your cue sheet, with LX4 or whatever GO Memory (chase) 42 and RAISE Sub 1/1

Sam

or you could even write it in the chase's name itself, then it'd be very hard to forget. :wink:

sp

Hi zeb,

what about a copy of your chase?

1. program your "running" chase like you want it.

2. make a copy of your origin chase and edit this one the channels which shell illuminate the backdrop all the time.

3. A workaround could be a second memory which sets the "backdrop generics to full.

Then you may run the chase as usual. to lit the backdrop just add the scene memory. here we are.

I hope this is of help for you getting a better sleep! :wink:

cheers Sven

Sven Paulsen

Klangfarbe Vienna