Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Pallets lost on fixture delete

ice

Found another bug (99% it's a genuine one). This weekend I had a show with 4 Pro518 scans. 2 Weekends before that I already programmed some stuff for 4 MACs and 4 Pro518s, so I thought I was smart loading that show. All went well until I started deleting the MACs (unassigning those fixtures). Strangely enough with deleting the MACs I also removed pallet data for the 518s! I lost all colour pallets, lost beamshape pallets for only the 4th 518 (the first three worked fine!!?).

If u want I can send the showfile so you can try; I loaded the show again and just left the MACs unpatched, but I guess such a thing should be possible without altering the info for the 518s right?? At first I didn't notice it was caused by deleting the MACs, so you'll understand I was quite dazzled :)

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

This effect I noticed before but I didn´t thougt this is a bug :?

since then I stored color pallettes for each fixture seperate.

Sebastian H.

Pro - Sound Showtechnik

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Albert Einstein

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun"

Al Capone

Uhhh isn't that a LOT of work? I always select the fixtures I want to store in that pallet, and then store the pallet. You'd think that when removing the MACs their data would also be removed from the pallets, but a lot more gets lost in that process.

There's no fix yet... I certainly hope there not going to wait for the next software release, cause I though I read somewhere that's going to be as far away as next year?

Too bad lighting software isn't open source :) I vote for frog.sourceforge.net :P

There's no fix yet... I certainly hope there not going to wait for the next software release, cause I though I read somewhere that's going to be as far away as next year?

To this and other fixture pallette matters :

Exactly my point :!:

Sebastian H.

Pro - Sound Showtechnik

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Albert Einstein

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun"

Al Capone

I discovered the same kind of problem about a year ago (see my post of september 2003)

3. When I am deleting fixtures (that are even NOT programmed in a memory, but already assigned), all existing memories lose the colour information.

For me it seems not only to affect the palettes, but also some memory data and it differs what kind of fixtures and from which fixture position you remove them.

Despite of all the good work, Z88 did not solve this problem yet :(

Looks like we might have missed this one when Jan first raised it:

http://support.zero88.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=379

Frog Reference 5495 - Unassigning fixtures should only remove the corresponding fixture data from the programmed memories, submasters, SX buttons and palettes. Data for other fixture types programmed in the show should not be affected.

See NZ's post below for details of the next scheduled release:

http://support.zero88.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4812#4812