Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Frog 2 - Provisional Specification

NZ

First off I am sorry there was no one around to do a demo at PLASA, we certainly did enough of them :)

It is difficult to put all the features down here as there are so many :lol:

We are still getting feedback on the console and the final specification is not yet finished.

We have another trade show in the US where we will be doing more previewing and it will also be doing the rounds of several lighting designers programmers in the States next week. I fancied a holiday!

An Overview of the Frog 2 Lighting Desk

Frog2small.jpg

There are 10 play back stacks on the bottom of the desk. There are 100 pages of playback. The first twenty pages are locked and these have the 200 memory stacks that you can program into on them. The other 80 pages of playbacks allow you to mix stacks as you need them for shows, songs etc.

The 10 faders above these can be anything that you want them to be. The can have a channel on one, a group of fixtures on another, a colour wheel on the next....I think you get the idea. There are 100 pages for this.

The 20 buttons at the top right of the console can also have anything on them that you want. So you could put your most common fixtures or palettes or strobes or smoke machines on them.

The touch screen is colour and has the command line and the info as to what is on the wheels on it. It is also where you can tag or untag each paramater for any light. So yes it programmes right down to parameter levels :twisted:

You can set a time for each parameter for each fitting used in a cue. This means you can do a split movement fade across a range of lights or have parcans dimming up across a bar with a delay on them all in the same memory. This applies to both fade and delay times.

There are screens for colour, beam, position, group and effects palettes.

There are 4 universes of DMX, 2 outlets per universe, it will also have ethernet.

Backup can be to USB sticks, you get one with the console or to a CD writer.

Two monitors can be run and you can save your own screen views so you can have what you want up for different actions. You can have more than one screen per monitor and can size them to fit multiple screens on the monitor.

The whole desk can be run using the onboard keypad and hard keys or can be run using a mouse.

Obviously this all comes at a price so it will be a more costly than the current desks.

I think that is enough for now.

Graham

Graham