Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

What DMX address has a new fixture ?

lhbraber

First of all what is the full name of the manufacturer and fixture type as I don't recognise it as being one in our library 8O

On most fixtures you can set the DMX start address on the fixture itself via dip switches or other user interface - see the fixture manual for details.

You will then need to assign a fixture on the desk to the correct fixture type and patch it to the DMX start address you have set on the fixture.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Hi,

you can´t change start addresses of fixtures by the desk - you have to change it on the fixture itself.

In case of a Showtec MEX 150 there are 3 encoder switches to set up DMX Start address...

Edit:

K-Nine was faster again :) especially when I compare London Time to our time my answer is about 1h later :lol:

Sebastian H.

Pro - Sound Showtechnik

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Albert Einstein

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun"

Al Capone

Yes.......after pushing a lot of buttons and reading the F manual I got it.......I got the fixtures from our reseller (Rolight)

They work alright now......but I had to patch them.....looking in that area I found out there was no DMX number attached to the moving head.

So I calculated and gave them an address: it works !!

great

But: some functions are default set to 255, par example the colour and the beamshape (gobo)

So, when changing the colours from different fixtures the colour of the last one (the Showtec Mex 150) is spinning.

Not a real problem, but not so handy

I guess I have to change the fixture input settings ?

greetz

Leonard

I have to get used to this new Zero88 FatFrog, but it is muchhhhh better then our other one (MA Lightcommander)

OK, so you figured out how to set the DMX start address on the fixtures, but I'm still puzzled as to where you got the fixture profile from :?:

As far as I can see there are no 'Showtec' fixtures in out fixture library, unless they are the same as some other fixture type with a different badge :)

When you say some functions are set to default 255 are you referring to the default/home values in the fixture type data ?

Bran Media | Myspace

hello,

I've send the specs of this moving head to our reseller in Holland - Rolight.

They made a fixture for us, mailed it to me and so I got it in the desk.

And yes: I meant the default/home values in the fixture type data ?

When installing this moving head from the disk, the values of colour

and beamshape are at 255.

To work with them, I first have scroll them down to zero 0 before I can really program with them.

greetz

Leonard

It sounds like the default/home values for some of the parameters have been set to 255 rather than the normal 0.

If you have a copy of the Fixture Type Editor on your PC, you can load in the fixture type file you were sent, edit the default values and then save the file.

Alternatively, if you send me the fixture type file and tell me which parameters are set to the wrong default values, I could do this.

Bran Media | Myspace

er ... isn't that what I said

not exactly ;) to excuse me, your post appeared after sending mine.

So we had written nearly the same post at the same time.

Sebastian H.

Pro - Sound Showtechnik

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Albert Einstein

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun"

Al Capone