Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

A Glimpse of the Future

K-Nine

I'm really interested in what you've done with all the generics faders. Counting just 24 faders in total I can imagine it programs shows excellent, but running it live... I'll just start thinking of a way to explain to the tech of another band he's only got 24 pages, or he has to perform some tricks...

Hehe I'll just shut it and wait for the first demo-run in Holland :) If Rolight is going to do that, I'd surely want to visit, so keep us informed please!!

Yeah, i have to agree, generic faders would be nice, we are currently using a MA 24/12 which ran out of channels a year ago so we tried a fatfrog which is perfect for both disco/live/theatre work.

But i don't see how one will be able to easily dim a few parcan's without having to swap around submaster 20 pages.

I'll just wait for a demo from rolight then :D

This design looks nice, i just hope the plastic top is less sensitive to fat (from the fingertops) i had that fatfrog covered in fingerprints in 10 seconds :)

Due to the way that the Frog 2 desk has been designed I am sure you will find there are several ways that you can "easily dim a few parcan's without having to swap around submaster 20 pages" :D

The emphasis is really on the user to set up or configure the playbacks, UDF's and UDK's in a manner that is most suitable for the show that they want to run :)

Some will simply use a few playbacks (or even a single playback), some will use many playbacks; others will use the UDF's as generic faders, as submasters or for other features, similarly the UDK's.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

little typo ;)

just consider this:

concert with some basic lighting (ie 24 par channels, some floodlights and a few movingheads) so say 32 channels conventional lighting and 4 moving heads, the way the current frog's work you can setup the conventional lighting with the preset faders and use the submasters to control the moving heads (chasers etc) and some basic lighting(say all white etc)

so if you want to dim a single channel you just lower the fader for that channel without having to switch to a different page (where you located the induvidual channels) en set the desired level?

(or maybe i'm just to conventional in my thinking :D, ah wel, since i can't even get them to buy a leapfrog here :(

If your rig consisted of up to 48 channels of dimming and no more than 12 moving heads then you would probably use a Fat Frog to control them. Up to 24 moving heads - use a Leap Frog, and if more than 48 dimmer channels - use a Bull Frog.

I am not saying that the Frog 2 cannot be used for these 'smaller' shows, just that you may have to program and run the show in a slightly different way.

More powerful desks typically have more control channels (the Frog 2 has 4 DMX universes = 2048 channels) and there obviously comes a point when it becomes prohibitive in terms of size, weight and cost to have a separate fader for every channel :D

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace