Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

A Glimpse of the Future

K-Nine

I love it guys,

I dont want this to turn into some sort of speach or rant or anything but can I just say how impressive I think zero88 as a company are. This project has developed very quickly and you have listened to what your customers want. I hope the desk turns out to really brilliant and I am very sad that I dont think I will beable to see it at plasa (as i will not be there.)

Keep up the excelent work

Sam

I dont want this to turn into some sort of speach or rant or anything but can I just say how impressive I think zero88 as a company are.

I'll add to that, the products are great, but the industry leading use of these forums to give a real connection between user base and developer is, errrr, industry leading? Anyway a big slap on the back for Zero88!

I hope the desk turns out to really brilliant

Me too,

and I am very sad that I dont think I will beable to see it at plasa (as i will not be there.)

I'll report back! I am able to go on Monday. I'll have to continue the praise above for the hope of free swag :lol::lol::lol: ......................:

Zero88 are the greatest, best and most magnificent. K-nine is also better than Rush (see other forum!)

Although the design brings up some questions, I'll just wait & see how you solved things... Big hand for the way you guys handle your things, very organised and well thought off. Off course I'm with the others by hoping the console will turn out fine.

I presume you already had a go with it, I can understand you're not going to say bad words about your own work; but how does it compare to the current Frogs? Is is better, or different?? Just curious as I won't be able to make it to PLASA :evil:

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

I'll report back! I am able to go on Monday. I'll have to continue the praise above for the hope of free swag :lol::lol::lol: ......................:

Hmm ... free swag ... maybe I should go to PLASA in disguise and get some for myself ... it's probably the only way us hardworking R and D types will get any :wink:

Zero88 are the greatest, best and most magnificent. K-nine is also better than Rush (see other forum!)

Aw shucks, you'll be making me blush next :P

Not quite sure how I could be compared to Rush though :?

I can't play any musical instruments, but then again I bet they've never written a Frog Manual :D

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Go on give us a break down of what the desk can do, amount of fixtures,generics, subs, memorys etc... :)

I am under orders to simply post the picture and then see what replies follow :)

However, there are some clues as to what the new desk will do in another topic in this forum :wink:

Bran Media | Myspace

I'm really interested in what you've done with all the generics faders. Counting just 24 faders in total I can imagine it programs shows excellent, but running it live... I'll just start thinking of a way to explain to the tech of another band he's only got 24 pages, or he has to perform some tricks...

Hehe I'll just shut it and wait for the first demo-run in Holland :) If Rolight is going to do that, I'd surely want to visit, so keep us informed please!!

ICE i think that the faders are submasters (or assignable to generic channels) as it has a numeric keypad. I imagine to program it will be like the Illusion: i.e. 1 THRU 6 @ 100%, 5 & 7 & 8 @ 75%, 1 @ FULL etc. etc.

Sam

ICE i think that the faders are submasters (or assignable to generic channels) as it has a numeric keypad. I imagine to program it will be like the Illusion: i.e. 1 THRU 6 @ 100%, 5 & 7 & 8 @ 75%, 1 @ FULL etc. etc.

Sam

Yeah exactly, but that means you're not going to dim your 4 PARs frontlight easily, unless you group them in 1 submaster. And with those kinds of things, you'll run out of submasters very quickly (unless motorised :D but that would rock anyway :P)

WHERE'S THE duck TEA CUP HOLDER :!: :!: :!:

DVD player :?: :idea:

Hey all at Zero88,

Very nice looking!

A few things I've been thinking about (I know some of these are covered in the previous thread):

1. Updated construction - the underside of the frog is not too stable and can pop out if the desk has been opened a few times. We have this problem on a Fat frog but no big deal.

2. Programming at ch. level to allow individual programming of each parameter of a fixture.

3. Pre-defined pallet vlaues (included in the fixture profile). Let the users help you do this via a PC application.

4. A method of controlling brightness for different fixture groups (without using too many of the very limited subs)

5. Quick Fixture parameter access from the touch screen

But so far so good! Can't wait for the demo :-)

May I reccomend launching the Phantom Frog 2 application first and let users evaluate this before launching the real desk?

Best regards,

Kresten Bager

Kresten Bager

Polyteknisk Scenelys

www.scenelys.dk

Just an Idea but as after plasa there will be so much convosation about the new desk then why dont you guys start a new FROG II forum (all red and black and sleak). Or if you couldnt do that at least add a FROG II bit on here! justs saves us getting confused with our frogs!

Sam

Just an Idea but as after plasa there will be so much convosation about the new desk then why dont you guys start a new FROG II forum (all red and black and sleak). Or if you couldnt do that at least add a FROG II bit on here! justs saves us getting confused with our frogs!

Sam

Rather than having two separate support sites to monitor, administer, moderate and cross reference suggestions, bugs etc etc, my intention is to add some new Frog 2 specific forums onto this site :D

PS - Why red and black :?

Bran Media | Myspace

I'm really interested in what you've done with all the generics faders. Counting just 24 faders in total I can imagine it programs shows excellent, but running it live... I'll just start thinking of a way to explain to the tech of another band he's only got 24 pages, or he has to perform some tricks...

Hehe I'll just shut it and wait for the first demo-run in Holland :) If Rolight is going to do that, I'd surely want to visit, so keep us informed please!!

Yeah, i have to agree, generic faders would be nice, we are currently using a MA 24/12 which ran out of channels a year ago so we tried a fatfrog which is perfect for both disco/live/theatre work.

But i don't see how one will be able to easily dim a few parcan's without having to swap around submaster 20 pages.

I'll just wait for a demo from rolight then :D

[btw]

This design looks nice, i just hope the plastic top is less sensitive to fat (from the fingertops) i had that fatfrog covered in fingerprints in 10 seconds :)

Keep up the good work