Zero 88 Community Support Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Hi Carsten, If fade times aren’t displayed, it means there isn’t data recorded in the cue for that attribute. Therefore if no fades are present, nothing has been recorded in the cue. How did you record the cue? Was the cue created from using other playbacks, or using programmer data? If recording other playbacks into a new playback, you’ll need to make sure SmartTag is enabled. Press and hold RECORD to open the Record Options window to access the SmartTag option. Hope this helps, Edward
  3. Last night I was trying to make a simple one step cue with 3 different fixtures but the recorded cue was not workning. The cue is in the cue window and there is one line (green) when I start the cue - but with no values in the line. I think the normal is 1.0 in the fade collum and can´t remember what else there normally are. What im I doing wrong? What setting is making my life hard. I hope I´ll be up and running again tonight 😉
  4. Last week
  5. Brilliant Mark, I like it and will "steal" it for my FLX! Kevin
  6. Hi Mark, That's great, thanks for sharing. If anyone else has any colour picker images like this they find useful, feel free to add them as a reply to share them. Edward
  7. Thank you. I like it ans will test it on my FLX S48.
  8. This is an image I have created to load into our desk and which I use virtually exclusively for selecting colours for fittings. The first row is a basic selection of bright colours; row 2 has a mix of colours (great for creating "random" colours); row 3 has pastels; row 4 is a fade from dark blue to white; row 5 is a traditional rainbow; row 6 is a rainbow of secondary colours; the last row is a variation of colour temperatures (great for blending with other light fittings). I created this using Visio. Please feel free to use and share.
  9. Hello, Don’t worry - we check the forum regularly and have been keeping an eye on this thread. Really good to see everyone’s thoughts and comments on ZerOS. We have been working hard developing ZerOS 7.9.7 (which there are images of on the forum for people with beta software access), which will include the updated fixture library. This library is required to allow for most of the suggestions and requests in this thread, so we are excited to get this released. If you have any questions let us know. Edward
  10. Afx

zeros 8 Wishlist, add yours

Cmoon! There must be something you can tell, at least acklowledge you got the message?
  11. Salut, Aucune date n'est actuellement prévue pour prendre en charge des cellules individuelles dans un appareil. Malheureusement, ce ne sera pas dans la prochaine version du logiciel, mais nous sommes conscients qu'il s'agit d'une priorité élevée pour de nombreux utilisateurs. Comme nous recommandons de raccorder chaque pixel / lampe d'un appareil séparément à la console, en raison du nombre limité d'appareils sur les consoles FLX S, nous recommandons actuellement le format FLX complet pour ces applications. Si vous avez des questions, laissez-nous savoir. Edward Hello, There is no date currently planned for supporting individual cells within a fixture. Unfortunately this will not be in the next software version, however we are aware this is a high priority for many users. As we recommend patching each pixel/lamp of a fixture as a seperate fixture on the console, due to the fixture limits on FLX S consoles we currently recommend the full size FLX for these applications. If you have any questions let us know. Edward
  12. A quand les effets lampes par lampes sur les Sunstrips??? Patcher des dimers pour chaque lampes c'est une bonne idée, mais comment faire quand on a 12 barres de sunstrips et que l'on est limité a 48 fixtures??? Une mise a jour a ce niveau devient urgente.....
  13. Thanks Edward and KGAllen I will check that out tomorrow and report back Chris
  14. Hi Chris, Does your effect playback also include position information? If so when you raise the fader, position will still use the cue's fade times whereas effect will be scaled by the fader position. To avoid the jarring position, you therefore may want to increase the position fade. To do this hold VIEW and press the playback button. You can then edit the position fade time. You may find that enabling fader controls position as well as fader controls effect on the same playback also solves the issue. Hope this helps, if you have any questions let me know. Edward
  15. Guessing now... is there a "fade" time you can apply to the Raise Fader that will do the "gentle introduction" for you?
  16. Hi Folks, I have programmed a MFF's to introduce a figure of 8 effect on a group of fixtures. The fader is set to control the "effect" so the further the fader is raised the speed and amount of effect is increased. Once the MMF is in the required position the result is as I expected. However when the fader is moved from 0 to 25% for example(which will result in a small slow figure of 8 the fixtures make an initial fast movement copying the speed I have moved the fader. The visual result is that the flown fixtures are pointing towards the stage they shoot 30 degrees to stage left then a figure of 8 takes over. I compensate for that by raising the MFF very slowly so it appears to the audience to be part of the figure of 8. Although when busking a show its easy to forget and get it looking a bit rubbish. Thoughts? Chris
  17. I would like to see some topics like: Support of RDM over Network with Artnet Nodes !? Recomanced Network Switches Example configs for typical network setups with nodes an visualizer On LED setups you need syncronisation of outputs. used with software like madrix.
  18. "Is it true that RDM causes lights to flicker?" You need to include your handy tip which is to address problematic fixtures above a certain address (is that above address 32?).
  19. We're creating a range of training resources covering data distribution and networking - the way your lighting console talks to your rig. If you have questions, or suggestions of topics, please let us know! For example: Why is an audio XLR and a DMX cable different? Is it true that RDM causes lights to flicker? What's the difference between Art-Net and sACN? How do subnet masks work?
  20. Cheers Jon, much appreciated for the fast reply! Kevin ps I'll edit the title of this post to reflect Mk1/Mk2 for future reference.
  21. This is technically from the MKII datasheet, but the external dimensions were identical for both of them
  22. Any chance someone from the team could let me know the dimensions of an Alcora Mk1 (12 channel). The dimensions aren't in the manual (GB/DE or FR). Yes I have one I could in theory measure but it's not accessible to me at the moment and Google has failed me! Thanks, Kevin ps Not in the Mk2 manual either.
  23. Thanks Ed, I will do a bit of research.......
  24. Earlier
  25. Hi Mac, We currently don’t have a fixture file for Resolume, but this is something we can create if you send a request to FixtureSupport@zero88.com. We will need the DMX channel map to do this, which should be available from the Resolume website, which will detail what each DMX control channel does - this will also give you an indication of how complex and how many parameters this includes. This will be as simple as recording a playback on FLX with a Start and Stop cue - both of which will be accessed via one of the Resolume fixture’s control parameters. I may be wrong, but I believe browser forum notifications are triggered when you are quoted in a post, not just when there is a reply. If you have any questions let me know. Edward
  26. Thanks very much Ed. The fixture profile for Resolume... is it a complicated beast and is there one available. I have had a look at ZerOS 7.9.6 fixture files but nothing there at this time....?? Also once set up is it quite a basic activity to start and stop video. We have a chap who is providing it for us.....?? Rgds Mac PS.....Notifications for replies to forum threads are not coming through to me despite me selecting it.....??
  27. Hello, That’s correct; > on an external keyboard can be used as the Thru command in the Copy From field. Yes - as you have described, programming 3 cues is a common way of doing this. Cue 1 is base state, cue 2 is sweep up, cue 3 is fade off. Depending on the effect you are trying to achieve, you could only use 2 cues, and have the fixtures fade off as they sweep up. To do this you would need to record cue 2 with the fixtures in their swept up position, however with no intensity. To do this you would need to record the cue with SmartTag disabled. To disable SmartTag, press and hold RECORD, and tap SmartTag, so that it has a blue rather than red button stripe. If SmartTag is enabled, the console will not store fixtures with 0% intensity - very useful for Move On Dark. In cue 2 you could even then set the intensity down delay to be the same duration as the position fade, so that the move happens, then the fixture fades/snaps off, all in the same cue. If you wanted to use this effect throughout the show, I would probably record the 2 cues onto their own playback, not as a chase, but with cue 2 as an auto follow, which you can then trigger and release from any cue in any playback. Hope this helps and makes sense, if you have any questions let me know. Edward
  28. Hi Mac, If you want to control Resolume from FLX, you would need to use Resolume Arena. Resolume Avenue cannot be controlled by DMX. https://resolume.com/software/specs In terms of controlling Resolume Arena, it would be a case of patching Resolume as a fixture on FLX (or multiple fixtures, depending on how Resolume handles layers), and then assigning that patched universe to the chosen ArtNet universe Resolume is set to receive on. Resolume itself will then be able to output video data to fixtures via ArtNet, or out of the PC’s video output. If you have any questions let me know. Edward
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.