Zero 88 Community Support Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Edward- Z88

Alarm input

Hello, Welcome to the Zero 88 Forum. Great, thanks very much for sharing that. Cheers, Edward
  3. AvrilPress

Alarm input

Hi... managed to get some wireless PIR's that connect back to a controller with a volt free output. Got a little package where up to 3 PIR's can be connected to one controller and you can set the time that the alarm latches up to 30 seconds. If anybody need similar its the Opal RFX wireless PIR's with the RFX-3 receiver
  4. Of course, auto groups, had forgotten those. The rigs I use normally only have small numbers of fixture types so I've always grouped manually. They are ideal for this situation though.
  5. Hi Gabriel, Great, glad to hear you are now running the latest software. Future software updates will now be much easier, as you will be able to simply load the application directly into the console as if it were a show file. Now you're up to date, you may find the video below worth a watch, which is the video you sent a screen shot of in an earlier post... Once you have fixtures patched into the console, you will be able to select them using the channel fader buttons, and by tapping FIXTURES and using the MFKs. To access Groups, you should find you can tap the GROUPS button, and the MFKs will show you your groups, along with a button to Automatically Create Groups. You can also access the Groups window on the external monitor. Hold SHIFT and tap GROUPS to open the window, and use the desktop buttons bottom left to find where it has opened. To record your own groups, select some lights, tap RECORD GROUPS and tap an empty MFK to store to. Hope this helps, Edward
  6. I finally fixed it with another usb 3.0 and all has been updated. Thank you! Another question for the console. I tried to record groups for my light. I tried to press the MFKs Fixtures but nothing pop up for me. Even I choose another display window, it just pop up with beamshape,colour, groups but not one of them are fixtures window for me to record groups. What should I do?
  7. Hi Gabriel, If you are having difficulty getting the console to boot from the USB stick, have you tried inserting the formatted USB stick into the USB port next to the Ethernet port? If you are still experiencing difficulty, I would recommend trying a different USB stick. Before formatting the USB stick using the ZerOS OS Creator application on Windows, first in Windows File Explorer do a quick format of the USB stick. If this also doesn't help, please see the guide below... http://support.zero88.com/998317101 Hope this helps, let me know how you get on. Edward
  8. Hi David, In the latest version of the library, you will simply see "3ch (RGB)". This does include a virtual intensity, and I would recommend using this for each pixel. The fixture without virtual intensity has been removed from the library, to always encourage people to take advantage of the virtual intensity. The benefit of using RGB with a virtual intensity, is you will have access to colour effect, and intensity effects. Yes, I reckon patch every single pixel individually (2x 170 RGB), and then create groups to give you the most flexibility, and also ease of control. You could then create your own groups to achieve your description above. Auto groups, will give you a group for all pixels, odds, evens, first half, second half. You should find using these groups in conjunction with effects and colours is going to give you lots of flexibility. For more information on groups see below... http://support.zero88.com/1011579831 Hope this helps, if you have any questions let me know. Edward
  9. Opps now I have an update. I just successfully installed the update 7.9.7 version into my USB, which mean the problem in the previous post had been solved. Yet after I plugged in the USB into the console, I cannot see any software update application during the power up of the console. Which mean the version is still staying in 7.8.1.2. I have tried several times to reboot it but nothing changed. Is there something I missed causing the fail of installation? - Download the USB Install Creator application available from the latest ZerOS Download (done) - Extract/unzip (done) - Run the ZerOS OS Creator USB (Done) - Insert a USB Memory Stick into your Windows PC when prompted and follow the on screen instructions of the ZerOS OS Creator. After a few minutes, the install creator will instruct you to remove the USB Memory Stick, which now contains the update for the desk. (done) - Remove the USB Memory Stick from your PC and insert it in one of the desks USB ports (Done) - Power on the desk and the desk will automatically boot into the software update application. It is recommended that you have a monitor, keyboard and mouse connected to the desk to perform this update. (Not yet done) - Press the [Install ZerOS] button on the monitor and the software will be installed (Not yet done) - Once the update is complete, you will be taken back to the "Install" screen (Not yet done) - Switch the console off, and remove the USB Memory Stick(Not yet Done) - Reboot the console, and you will boot into the newly installed software (Not yet done)
  10. I have just tried to update the console version. I found my console OS version is 7.8.1.2. The software version s 7.8.2.4. I tried to update it following the instruction in http://support.zero88.com/1518909581/ZerOS-Software-Update-on-Consoles-running-ZerOS-7-8-2-39-or-older.htm. Yet I found the 7.9.7 version cannot run in my window PC according to the instruction (please check the picture below). How can I fix it?
  11. Last week
  12. Thanks Edward. That was roughly what I was planning as regards defining the pixels but do I define each pixel as simple RGB or as RGB + virtual dimmer? I was thinking I might patch small groups of pixels to each of a few channels like... Ch 1001: pixels 1, 4, 7... Ch 1002: pixels 2, 5, 8... Ch 1003: pixels 3, 6, 9... (or something along those lines) but I suppose groups would be more flexible, do you agree? How would you group them?
  13. Hi David, I haven’t used this pixel tape driver myself with FLX, but you should be able to get some nice effects from it. A configuration example, is you could have universes 1 and 2 from the ports on the back of the console, and then send universes 3 and 4 over ArtNet. When patching, your best bet is to patch two lots of 170 RGB pixels, first onto universe 3 then onto universe 4, for example. Give them fixture numbers out the way, I’d be tempted to say even 1001 upwards, as it is unlikely you’ll want to control them individually, and instead just grab control of them with groups. You can then simply tap a group, tap an effect, and you’ll be able to run effects across the pixels. Apologies if this was similar to your plan already, but hopefully this gives some pointers for you or anyone else using pixel tape with FLX. If you have any questions let me know. Edward
  14. Hello, Really glad to hear your FLX S24 has arrived. Yes, worth connecting the fixtures, and see if they give FLX S enough information for FLX S to create a fixture personality for you. If not, as Kevin says send us an email to fixturesupport@zero88.com, with a link to the manuals of the fixtures you need, and we’ll be able to create and send them to you. If you come across any questions whilst you’re practicing, just let us know. Edward
  15. Once you're used to doing it, creating your own fixtures is pretty easy. I've created all of my own, just so I know what is in them and that they have all of the information like gobo images and Detail in them. Also it's not uncommon for the DMX map to not match the fixture behaviour (particularly on the more budget brands) and by writing the fixture definition I can play with the fixture and ensure it all matches. However at this point, sounds like you should get the Zero88 guys to write them, then you could load them into the Fixture Editor software and "reverse engineer them" to see how they are constructed from the information in the manual, then you're better educated to write your own. Good luck! Kevin
  16. I've got some WS2812B tape and a Smart Show NetWS-340 ArtNet interface on order but I haven't really thought through how I'm going to use it. I think the interface will look like two universes with 510 channels on each with the channels arranged as pixel 1 RGB, pixel 2 RGB and so on up to pixel 170 RGB. I do music gigs and what I envisaged was putting the tape along the front edge of the stage and having it mimic chases on the backlight wash but I'm open to alternatives. Is anyone using anything similar? If so, any tips or suggestions?
  17. I think the Asteroid supports RDM. I'll try to connect it to the 5pins dmx plug to see if it can be automatically linked to FLX. You're right I see neither hero spot 60 nor hero wash 715 HEX. I'm not skilled enough to create my own fixture, I will follow your advice and ask for help I think. Because of covid 19, most of shows are canceled in France, clubs are still closed... I do have time to practice and upgrade my knowledge.
  18. Unless you know the fixture definitions already exist in the ZerOS library for these fixtures in the modes you require, you should get this information to the Zero88 chaps ASAP otherwise you'll make unproductive progress until you have them. In library issue 40 I don't see the Asteroid or any Varytec Hero Spot60. See the following link. Unless you are already experienced creating your own fixture definitions you will use Option 3, and you will need to provide the product manual (including the DMX map) and specify which modes you require - the Zero88 guys may build them all but if you are in a hurry or they are complex, it's best to say which ones are a priority for you. https://zero88.com/library#support Here's a starter for you: http://cdb.s3.amazonaws.com/ItemRelatedFiles/8864/asteroid_1200.pdf
  19. It's to control an ADJ Asteroid 1200. I'm using it as a centerpiece. I also have 8 varytec hero wash, 8 varytec hero spot60 and 8 adj Par Mega hex RGBWA +UV. I just received my FLX S24 today, but I'm not sure to have time to have a look on before friday. Anyway be sure I will ask for your help. Thanks again.
  20. @kinous is it worth you elaborating a little more on this 64 channel fixture? Edward can give you some more targeted advice on handling such a device and the pros and cons of the different approaches. I’m suspecting it might be a multi-cell device.
  21. I've just had a quick look through the circuit diagrams for the Level, Alcora/Elara & Diablo (which used the same processor as the Mark 2 Alcora) and everything seems to be running from a 5v reg rail (it would leave a lot to chance for a reliable 12v rail that could also potentially surge). The Alcora/Elara's could have an optional Analogue output card fitted and that did need a 15v rail but there were issues sourcing a reliable supply of PSU's that had the twin voltage rails but by the time the Mark 2's were in common use nearly all sites were using DMX so the analogue option was discontinued. The only other feature that might have needed a higher voltage appears to be on the Diablo for what looks like an CAN Bus option (though I never saw one) - it might have been part of a plan to use the processor for another product. The option to offer a 12v PSU spare was a choice so that it rationalised the supply chain and kept the spares pricelist easier I suspect.
  22. Thanks for the responses, Ian and Edward. Yes there's a 5V regulator but there are also ICs powered directly from the unregulated input voltage so it would need to be high enough for them to operate as intended. Given that Zero88 now ship a 12V PSU as "0010211", that seems the safe bet for a "non-OEM" replacement. The original Zero88 "10 V" unregulated PSU actually outputs 11.7V with an Alcora connected so not too far off 12V anyway.
  23. Hello, Welcome to the Zero 88 Forum. Great, glad FLX S24 will work for you. If you have any other questions regarding the console please let us know. Thanks @kgallen for your support. Edward
  24. Great!! Thanks for your answer. FLX S24 1U will be enough for me
  25. An unexpanded FLX S24 is limited on fixture count (48) and number of DMX channels (512). So you could have one fixture that used all 512 DMX channels if you had such a perverse beast. Wing doesn't change how many fixtures/DMX channels the desk allows it just gives you more "control surface" i.e. knobs. So you could have up to 8 of your 64-channel fixtures - that due to the number of DMX channels limited to 512 (512/64=8). FLX S24 is upgradeable to 2 Universes (2*512=1024 DMX channels) - but this costs money. https://www.zero88.com/control/flxs
  26. Thanks!! Without wing?
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.