Zero 88 Community Support Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Hi Jason, Sorry to hear this. If you try loading the show file in again, do you find this solves the issue? This sounds like a show file compatibility issue, however I can't seem to recreate this either. Loading in the show file into a physical FLX seems to be working for me using the following steps: SETUP -> Load File -> choose your file -> GROUP 100 @@ -> EFFECT -> Auto Create Effect Palettes, 45 are generated, CLEAR -> ENTER ENTER, shows the effects available to those fixtures which can then be applied. Are you doing something different to this? I have been trying different combinations and can't seem to get the console to fail to create the 45 new effects. Clear Options now only appear when there are items recorded in the show file. For example if there are no colour palettes recorded, there won't be an option to clear colour palettes, and as you are seeing if no playbacks have been recorded the option to clear them will be hidden. When pressing SETUP -> Defaults -> UDK Defaults, you should open a window with three options; Flash mode, Mix Mode, and Release. Flash Mode allows you to choose whether a lighting state will be flashed or latched by the UDK button. Mix Mode can configure whether lighting states recorded onto UDKs will mix HTP or LTP with other lighting states recorded on the console. Release can choose whether a UDK automatically releases, or whether you have to manually release it. That's coming soon, keep an eye out on the website over the next week. Hope this helps, if you have any queries let me know. Edward
  3. Hmmmmm. I loaded the 7.9.4 showfile into 7.9.5 Phantom and tried the same thing (on Group 100) and it seemed to work oK, but it didn't work on the desk when I was at the Theatre earlier. Show file attached. Any ideas? PH std patch.isf
  4. I just tried setting up a simple patch of the same RGBW fixtures in Phantom 7.9.5 as I tried on the desk in the theatre, selected that group. and pressed 'Automatically create effect palettes' and it seemed to work, so perhaps it is a showfile incompatibility. Will see if I can load the 7.9.4 showfile in Phantom next and see if it does the same as on the desk.
  5. Hi Folks, I updated my FLX console software to 7.9.5 today. Previously on 7.9.4 I cleared out all the playbacks and stripped down the show file on the desk to have our standard fixture patch and default groups only in it, and saved it as a 'default' show file prior to doing the update. The update was easy to do following the instructions. I then re-loaded the default show to get the patch and groups back and that all seemed fine. Then I went to look for the fab new effects listed in the release notes. Selecting a group of RGBW LED fixtures, turning them to 100% and tapping 'effect' to get to the effects window, I then pressed 'Automatically Create Effects Palettees', expecting that the lovely new colour effects would then all be available to me and I got left with one effect palette - 'No Effect'! Is this likely to be a 7.9.4 showfile incompatibility or is it a bug? I also checked out the 'Clear Options' page under Settings - the option to 'clear playbacks' seems to have disappeared - it was there in 7.9.4 and is a useful function for us with different groups coming in and programming stuff - clearing out the playbacks in between and leaving the patch and groups in place is handy, without needing to re-load a default show file every time. Is there another way of doing this now, and if not then why did it get removed?! Also in setup there is a button called 'UDK defaults' which gave some options that to me didn't really seem to refer to the UDKs but perhaps I'm missing something - could you explain these please? The release note refers to the updated manual, but I can't see this on the website yet - have I missed it or is it not there yet? Thanks, Jason.
  6. Yesterday
  7. Thanks Ed, I will download and give it a try !!
  8. Last week
  9. Hi Mac, Red Sparkle is included in ZerOS 7.9.5, which was released today. This can be downloaded here... The release notes are also available from the link, showing the available effects included. I would recommend downloading and installing this on your FLX. You should find there’s an auto effect that you can use for this. If not, you may find it easier to be very specific by recording your own chase. Hope this helps, Edward
  10. Thanks for the info so far folks. Its not a red effect specifically I was after. Lets just say I could pull up any colour combination on any cue on those PARS, then set off another cue with the white chase to override whatever colour is on them..............?? I have also had a look at the manual and cannot find anything on 'Red Sparkle Effect'...??
  11. Hello, No problem at all. Are they in 8bit or 16bit extended mode? If they are 8bit, their Pan and Tilt values on the Position parameter encoders should display 127 or 128, and if 16bit should be 32,767 or 32,768. If so then they are homing to their correct 50/50% values. As of this afternoon, ZerOS 7.9.5 has been released. This can be downloaded here... This update includes Home for FLX S, and the ability to customise those values. For information on how you’ll be able to do this, see the article below... http://support.zero88.com/1011411491 You can record all of these different fixture types into a single palette. Select your first type of fixtures, create your colour, then select your next type of fixtures, and create the same red. You can then record this as a colour palette and all tagged colour values will be stored in the palette. The palette will be colour coded using information from the RGB(W) values. Tagging is displayed as a light blue highlight behind a parameter background above the encoders. Interesting, I’ll take a look into this. Hard stored values won’t change, so currently this is sounding more like a fixture issue. No problem! Any queries just let me know. All the best, Edward
  12. Haha! Very happy this is released, we think it has been worth the wait! Edward
  13. I hope this isn't a "Friday afternoon job" 😆 Well done team - I bet you're glad to see the back of that one! 😁
  14. Zero 88 are pleased to announce the launch of ZerOS version 7.9.5 software - a new software release for ORB Series, Solution Series, FLX & FLXS, SCD Server (& Pro) and Leap Frog 48 & 96. More information can be found at zero88.com/software/zeros If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at the office. Our contact details are: email: support@zero88.com phone: 01633 838088 Best Regards,
  15. Jon Hole

ZerOS 7.9.5

Version 7.9.5

197 downloads

Operating Software for ORB Series, Solution Series, FLX Series, SCD Server (& Pro) and Leapfrog 48 & 96 lighting consoles. Files included within the link are: ZerOS installation software Release notes for version 7.9.5 software, including update instructions, in pdf format Phantom ZerOS, the offline editor. For FROG 2, click here. For all previous versions of ZerOS, and their respective release notes, click here.
  16. Edward, as always, thanks for the advice on all this. - for the moving heads, they do home with the tilt axis parallel to stage as power is applied, but then the fixtures rotate 90 degrees once DMX is applied so we were unsire if this was a fixture or desk home trait. We will set up a preset as you suggest. - the colour wheel explanation makes sense - we can set up some of the colours in palettes to offset this. We have a mix of Chauvet fresnels and profiles, plus some ETC LED and the RGBAL values for each virtual gel are different. I guess these need 3 different palettes per colour, one for each light type? We will therefore need to be choosy so we don’t exceed the 48 palettes available to us on the desk! Or is there a way to capture multiple light profiles in a single palette? - still a bit perplexed on the gobo issue - I thought we had hard-programmed the gobo index value by specifically setting the pan, tilt, colour gobo wheel and gobo rotation setting in each scene, as we programmed each scene from a neutral position. I guess the easiest way to check this is to export the show as a CSV and see which channels have hard-coded values? We had, we thought, successfully recorded the positions as a palette, but when recalling this it tended to come back in variable orientations. I think the plan will be to get he desk and a few heads put the venue and spend some time building experience with them together - I suspect a some of this is beginner’s teething troubles and so we’ll explore a]these suggestions in detail when time is less pressing and there’s not an audience wanting a show!
  17. Hi Eric, The 32 effects on FLX currently adjust Intensity, Position, Colour, and Beam. In ZerOS 7.9.5, this will be increased to 45 auto-effects, including improvements on the existing, and many new effects. To do this, you will need to trigger playback 1 from a cue in the Master Playback. To do this go into the Cue Settings in the cue in the master playback you wish playback 1 to be triggered by. Then press Macros..., and next to Trigger Cue Stacks click Add. Any programmed playback buttons on the console will then flash, which allows you to tap playback 1 to trigger it. Click OK on the macros window, and then the Cue Settings. When you go into this cue, as well as the cue running playback 1 will be triggered too. Hope this helps, Edward
  18. Hello, When Programmer Time is enabled, the set fade time will be applied to syntax, clearing the programmer, manually releasing playbacks, and palettes. There are also some other functions that use the timings, as listed in the knowledge base article. Cue timings will not be effected. Speed Override, also available on the encoders when you press Z/SHIFT, can be used to speed up or slow down cue timings live. Hope this helps, Edward
  19. Bonjour Merci pour l'information. Cela vaut également la peine de poster sur les forums de CAST. Fais nous savoir comment tu reussis. Edward Hello Thank you for the information. It may be worth posting on the CAST forums too. Let us know how you get on. Edward
  20. Hello, If you have cue 1 with one virtual colour wheel colour, and then cue 2 with a second, cue 2 will need a colour fade of 0 seconds, otherwise you will pass through all other virtual colours between those in cue 1 and cue 2. When using the colour picker, you are using the fixture's colour mixing ability, and therefore you have a full range of colours, hence you fade smoothly from one to the other. This will be how the fixtures have been designed. You should find if you select these fixtures and view the Pan/Tilt Grid the cross hair for these fixtures is in the middle when homed. In the next software update, ZerOS 7.9.5, you will be able to edit fixture home values on FLX S consoles. In the meantime, I would recommend panning these fixtures so they are in their "home" orientation you like, and then store this position as a position palette to quickly use later. This sounds like the console is in tracking mode. This means that the movement will "track" into the next cues until the fixture is used again. I would therefore recommend to solve this issue, you go into the cue where they are moving whilst dark. Select the fixtures, press No Effect, then press and hold UPDATE. From the Update Options window that will open, tap SmartTag so that it has a blue stripe rather than red. Then press your playback button to confirm the update. You should find this solves the issue. To stop this then happening again, I would recommend disabling tracking, unless you of course wish to use it. To do this press and hold RECORD, and ensure "Cue Only" has a red stripe next to it, and ensure you turn SmartTag back on. You can then press RECORD to close the window and save your settings. When you record a position into a cue, on playback you will always get the same raw pan and tilt values, and therefore exactly the same position. Move on Dark doesn't use shortest-path rules. If the Gobo index parameter has also been recorded as hard values in the cue, I don't see why you wouldn't get the same look on stage for the cue. To help you out, I would recommend recording your Gobo wheel, and gobo index parameters as palettes. Then you can use these palettes for different cues with different positions. If you need to then update these gobo orientations, you can simply update the palette, and all cues will automatically be updated. I hope my responses are helpful, if you have any queries please let me know. All the best, Edward
  21. Hello, The Jester ML48 has a VGA monitor output, so any standard VGA computer monitors should work fine. Edward
  22. Bonjour Comme Martin le dit, tapez RECORD -> Z / SHIFT -> Tapez le numéro de cue (par exemple 2.5) -> Appuyez sur le bouton de lecture pour enregistrer. J'espère que cela t'aides, Edward Hello To insert a cue, as Martin says, type RECORD -> Z/SHIFT -> Type the cue number (for example 2.5) -> Press the playback button to store to. Hope this helps, Edward
  23. Hi Martin, As Peachy says, this is correct. If you select the fixture and go to effects, you'll get the details on how these parameters are being adjusted. The values in the output window are their base levels the waveform is manipulating. Hope this helps, Edward
  24. I should know that (from an earlier explanation from Edward!)... thanks for the clarification! But to Mac's requirement of non-white-colour+white, is this possible with an Auto Palette --> so in prospective 7.9.5 can we do "sparkle" with an RGB mix base colour? (True, I could use my brain, but at "non-theatre-work" at the moment so it's easier to ask those who know 😋)
  25. The Auto Palette does the following: Takes Red to 100% and applies no effect to the parameter Takes Green & Blue to 50% and applies an effect to the parameters (the waveform function was previously called "Mark On", but in the new software called "Step (7/8)"). The waveforms are at 100% size, so because these parameters are set to 50% (the "midpoint"), the effect switches the parmaeters between 0% and 100%. When this is running, manually taking Green to 100% means this becomes the "midpoint" of the waveform (which is at 100% size), so the waveforms will switch the parameter between 50% and theoretically 150% (realistically just 100%). Therefore the result is switching between Red @ 100%, Green @ 50% (so "Orange") and Red @ 100%, Green at 100% (so "Yellow").
  26. Jon, If Mac wants to RGB mix his own colour (he said "say red") can this be achieved with any of the "step off" effects and still get the colour+white combination - rather than say orange+green which I think is what you'd get if you dialled in green to the red-step-off effect. Thanks!
  27. Jon Hole

Robin G

We're working on it but there's no release date currently. There's a thread in our beta forum with a questionnaire getting feedback on specific features & requirements. https://zero88.com/forum/topic/8513-pixel-mapping-questionnaire/ If you're not a member of our Beta Test group, and would like to be, drop me an email with your forum username and I'll add you.
  28. Kevin's correct - you can use the "Red Step Off" effect, and then use the offset buttons in the Effect Palettes Window to offset those across your fixtures (and use the speed encoder to adjust the speed of the effect). In the next release of software (currently in beta), this effect is called "Sparkle - Red" - it's exactly the same effect, but by default is faster with a random offset - however you can choose to slow it down and take it back to a forward offset if you wish.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.