Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Yesterday
  2. So sorry to have woken up to this news today. I believe Ian was the very first person we previewed FLX to outside Zero 88. Ian was ALWAYS a pleasure to spend time with and work with, and his knowledge and willingness to help anyone and everyone was an inspiration. I'll regret not often enough taking Ian up on his offers to visit him for a sticky bun! We'll miss him on the forum.
  3. So sad... condolences
  4. That is really sad news, he has only just had my desk in for repair and in my short dealings with him, he was a delight to deal with. Condolences. Simon
  5. WTF??????!!!!! Oh no! I've known Ian since 1996 when he joined CTS. I bought my Alcora and FLX from him when he was there plus countless other theatre items as I'd hang about his "sweet shop" on a Saturday morning waiting for him to open up. He obviously contributed on this Forum regularly and we were loosely in contact over the years; I gave him my "spares" and he got me a Line Backer. I had no idea he was ill, or maybe he wasn't and this was a shock event. I'm speechless. I would also like to convey my sadness and condolences to his family. Kevin
  6. Very sad news. Condolences to his family, friends and colleagues.
  7. I would like to add to this, that Ian's industry experience, and incredible depth of knowledge on Zero 88 products, have been such an invaluable help to me. He has been a very active member of this forum, and the Zero 88 Users Group on Facebook, tirelessly supporting customers with their Zero 88 products. As our Service Agent, Ian has always given a faultless, friendly experience to our customers, and he will be greatly missed. Sincere condolences to his family at this time.
  8. Dear Members of the Forum, It is with great sadness that I need to announce, my friend, Ian Knight, who most will know as Iank99, passed away yesterday. I don't have many detail at this moment in time other than he went peacefully in his sleep. As I get more information will let you know. I am sure you will all join me in offering your condolence to his family at this time.
  9. Hi Renato, I just Googled the part number you provided, and this came up... https://www.amazon.com/MEMORY-SYNCH-100MHZ-PC100-222-620-MT4LSDT464AG-10EC6/dp/B0130BNY3U?ref_=nav_ya_signin Is this suitable?
  10. Last week
  11. HI EVERYBODY, I NEED OF MT4LSDT464AG-10EC6 PC100-222-620 32MB SYNCH 100MHZ CL2. WHERE TO BUY? THANK YOU
  12. ahhhh - yes makes sense - I've tried this on phantom ZeroS and it works. Either flipping to playbacks and lowering the fader, or adjusting the channel via the keypad. Thanks!
  13. Hi @Ian_p This is the correct procedure to update a cue. In the Output window, you will notice that the intensity percentage of the fixture you had adjusted, has changed colour from red to blue, meaning this fixture is now saved in the cue. You will not have seen any changes/flashes to the levels of fixtures upon updating the cue. This is because upon moving the channel fader, you have now regained control of the fixture manually, and it is no longer being controlled by the cue. Therefore a CLEAR CLEAR is required, to clear your manual adjustments to allow the fixture to be controlled by the cue again. In this situation, the simplest option is to just leave the channel fader where it is - it doesn't matter that it is raised at this point, because the fixture is currently being controlled by the cue, not the channel fader. Alternatively, you could change Fader Function, and then lower the fader. You can then toggle back to Channels function. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions.
  14. Whilst running a dress rehearsal and during a scene I often want to adjust the look, add in a bit of face light or increase a channel. Following the method in the manual to do this it causes a flash on stage: Outputting scene - raise a channel to increase face light for example. Press 'Update' and 'Go' Console is still in scene - lower the channel - but the light fades down.... I have to double press 'Clear' to make the console go into the updated scene even though the scene is suppossed to be outputting - i.e. the green bar is on that scene. double pressing clear then goes into he scene making that channel go from 0% to its saved value. I'm not sure why the console works likes this.
  15. Thanks Edward - to be honest I managed to get the strobe to stick to 0 - but not via the above - I just tried to do it as I had above and on the 5th time it worked. Not sure if or what I did different.
  16. The Solution processing power is at capacity, so no new features will be added in ZerOS 7.15. Fixtures can already be patched onto the channel faders, in the same way they can be patched to the MFKs.
  17. Disappointed to hear that the Solution will no longer get software updates, but I can understand why, given the age of the product. Will the final version of software for the Solution enable any extra features, like you are on the FLX desks? Maybe more universes (over ethernet), more fixtures, use of faders 1-48 for fixtures, etc? On another subject, how about making PhantomZerOS be able to output, say 1 universe, to a cheap DMX dongle like the Chamsys MagicQ software does? Chamsys are clearly using this to try and introduce people to their products so they will then be more likely to buy the hardware, so maybe Varilite also should.
  18. Earlier
  19. @Edward Z88 thanks, i'll send it asap. I have to contact my dealer first, the console has been return to their warehouse. It was originally purchased from Axente.
  20. Please send us an email to support@zero88.com, with a photo of the console's serial number, and we will be able to help.
  21. Thanks. The PSU is the original one. The desk never leave the control room, it has never fall or something. It has been returned to the dealer of course, we are on good terms. But has a said, the brand has disappeared from Axente's, which was the main distributor in France... that’s what I’m worried about. Normally they are the ones who take care of the repairs.
  22. It shouldn't be doing that nor should it be accepted as 'normal' - it would suggest that there's either an issue with the power connections between the mainboard & the Raspberry Pi, possibly even a faulty micro SD card or simply a faulty PSU (the desk pulls a lot of current so the PSU - if not the original - needs to put out at least 5a). I'll tag @KWR88 & @Edward Z88 - they might have a better idea of where the issue could be. I'd be having a gentle nag at the dealer you bought it from for them to either look at it or get it to someone who can honour the warranty to have a look at it for you.
  23. @iank99 the console is still under warranty, so I can't do anything myself. The last problem comes from the fact that the screen turns off by itself and the intensities suddenly go to zero, and then it restarts by itself... of course during a show ^^ that's life, i'm not blaming the brand for that.
  24. @Flabbe - yeah - FLX S does seem to have more than it's fair share of issues with screens but they mostly seem to be manufacturing faults of the Pi panel which are very difficult to discover in a test environment before a desk is delivered. However, Pi panel's can be bought 'cheaply' (compared to Zero88 list) from other sources online & needs no work doing other than transfer the PCB spacers over from the Zero88 fitted panel - it can also be a nice way of bypassing the supply chain delays that Zero88 seem to experience with Pi panels. Don't give up on the FLX S yet - the most faults I've seen (and repaired) have been Pi Panels and so far - only one fader. I think that in 4-5 years, it might have the same reputation for going on "forever" like Sirius & Alcora have now
  25. Sorry but i'm a little bit "scared" too... i own a FLX S 48 2U since 2022. I work in a theatre. The upgrades are interesting but since i bought it, I've had three breakdowns in two years (1 MFF, 2 screen problems). It has been repaired each time but I have less confidence now. I was thinking about buying a FLX to replace my FLX-S, but it seems FLX is nearing the end of its life... The brand has even disappeared from the Axente's website, which until today was the distributor in France. Seriously, I don't want to start a pointless controversy. Until today I was confident with the brand and its products, but I am starting to have serious doubts about my next model of lightning desk.
  26. To store values for a fixture that is currently @ 0% intensity, you must make sure that the "SmartTag" funciton is off in the Record Options. Therefore: Select your fixtures Adjust the Strobe parameter to the required value, and adjust no other parameters Press and hold Record to open the Record Options Ensure that "SmartTag" is disabled. If the button has a red stripe, tap it so it goes blue Double tap RECORD Tap the Home icon Choose to store as "Default" Hope this helps.
  27. Well, if the new product that is to replace the FLX is of the same award winning design - I look forward to hearing about it!
  28. The default setting for when creating a fixture for Strobe is 255 but most fixtures want a default setting of zero. I set this default to zero when creating a new fixture, but occasionally forget to and have to go back and edit the default value for strobe to zero. The manual for your bar shows strobe as 0...255 Stroboscopic effect (o% to 100%)
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.