Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Yesterday
  2. Off topic. I thought I'd be my usual pain and "stress test" the website. I went to the above link. I went to "VISIT OUR A-Z OF LEGACY PRODUCT MANUALS" I clicked "Entertainment Controls" I selected Product Sub Type=Lighting Consoles, I left Product Type at Entertainment Controls, I left Product Familty at All, I set Status=Discontinued I got "The filter criteria you have selected did not deliver any results" So where are my Frog, Jester, Orb, Solution, Level series, Alcora, Elara, Sirius manuals? Yes I'm sure you could give me a link - that's not the point, why doesn't this search, having followed the route given by the website, yield all of these juicy manuals for discontinued product? Yes I know I'm a PITA, but you've known that for years... šŸ˜
  3. That is correct. These changes are covered by the ā€œZerOSā€ manual which is available hereā€¦ https://www.zero88.com/manuals When on this page, change the language drop-down at the top to ā€œEnglishā€. You can then click and view the ā€œZerOSā€ manual. Hope this helps.
  4. Hey, Apologies, I followed this up with Ed offline & never came back to update the thread, so... My last production started rehearsals in midwinter (near freezing overnight temps) with venue unheated. Shortly after my first post it warmed up a bit and I filmed the desk boot up through our production with no more freeze-ups. Battery was new. IIRC we decided it may have been CF card but left it until we had consistent issues to resolve. Colleague is lighting current production so will check how it's behaving. Simon.
  5. Hi Edward, thank you for the quick answer! I prefer to run the desk with ZerOS 7.9.2 because it is the laters version with an existing user manual for the Solution series. Later versions changed the edit-fixtures menu. I had already installed ZerOS 7.14.3 but it was to difficult to find out how to programm all the patchings and playbacks so I switched back to 7.9.2. Do you really mean the error is caused by the old ZerOS version? Greetings from south Germany! And thank you.
  6. Solution consoles do have a CR2032 coin cell battery. However, when this was starting to go flat you should have received NVR errors upon booting the console, rather than the console just failing to boot. It would be worth checking the Compact Flash card in the console is seated correctly. At which point, you might as well replace the battery too whilst the console is open. Please let us know if you'd like instructions on opening the console.
  7. Is there a battery in Solution? That would be my first check if so. CR2032 or similar is typical in Z88 products (at least those from this century!).
  8. I have also started to have the same kind of issue with my Solution. On first power up the desk seems to freeze with the blue screens on the desk illuminated ( and sometimes with the solution logo in them) but the monitor remaining blank. If I turn the desk off and on again the desk then starts up normally. Any ideas? Simon \
  9. Hi, the possibility of having a customizable multi desktop as happens for example with Orb is very important, I hope that it will be taken into consideration in the next updates. Thank you P.
  10. Last week
  11. Hi @UMB Thank you very much for the debug file from your console. Sorry to see you encountered this error. Your console is running ZerOS 7.9.2 software, which is several versions out of date. I would therefore recommend updating your console's software. ZerOS 7.14.3 is the latest software, and can be downloaded from the link below... https://www.vari-lite.com/global/products/zeros-software Please read through the release notes on this webpage from ZerOS 7.9.2 through to ZerOS 7.14.3, to ensure you're up to speed with the various improvements and new features. Please let us know if you have any questions.
  12. My SolutionXL stopped working the Playbacks during a Theater. All the preset-faders with Halogen-Spots worked but I couldn't change the page of the playbacks and some playback-faders didn't work any longer. The only option was to restart. After that two playbacks on Page 20 had 100%, but I put them down and could continue. Can someone help, what was the problem? The file with the report is attached. Thanks! debug_23-3-2024_12-40-55.zdb
  13. On this occasion I think Iā€™ll be lazy and leave it where it is. This conversation is useful for FLX S and FLX users alike.
  14. Thanks Davidmk, appreciate the answer. I think you are right. Funny how if often takes someone else to jog your memory. Cheers, RobšŸ˜€
  15. I think you'll find cue 1 has always had a zero time but you've never noticed it. The manual says... Cue 1, will always have a 0 second fade up and fade down time for intensity. This is to ensure that the intensity follows the level of the playback fader. Check here for more information. (Incidentally, when @Edward Z88 checks the forum he'll likely move your post to the FLX S thread.)
  16. Hi, I have just updated the latest software onto my FLx24. I have noticed on the first cue of the cue stack now the first cue has no 3 sec fade time appear ? The following cues all have the default time ? Thank you. Rob
  17. That's fine, just takes some timing practise when firing through half dozen or so cues in quick succession. Thanks for all your help as always!
  18. Triggering on the release of GO was a deliberate change several years ago - it allows for the ā€œGoToā€ command to jump to a specific cue
  19. Not that I know of. I think this is due to the software needing to detect press-and-release versus press-and-hold so it uses the ā€˜falling edgeā€™ to detect a press-and-release event. Of course I donā€™t actually know but this would be a typical approach in software (or hardware) where the button has multiple functions. Does the master go behave like this? Compared to the other playbacks. I rarely use the Go of other playbacks so maybe the master go works on the downward press? Sorry, a little off topicā€¦
  20. One more question I've thought of, I've noticed the cues are triggered on the release of the go button for playbacks (not the master). Is there a way to have them triggered on the press of the button, not the release?
  21. Yes - when you press a GO button, you will go into that cue, and the cue's intensities will be inhibited by the playback fader's current level. So you will need to raise playback 1's fader to full, to achieve the intensity values you recorded. Hope this helps.
  22. Thanks both, that's perfect. In my example, once I have triggered playback 1, fir that particular song, do I also need to raise its playback to run through the cues on it or not as sometimes (probably because I was doing it wrong), it doesn't be have, lights don't come on when I press the button and I've found that raising the playback solves it. Thanks
  23. If an effect is running on a fixture, effect parameters will be shown on the encoder wheels upon selecting the fixture and tapping the Effect tab. That's correct, however this data cannot be viewed on the console.
  24. Latest beats highest. If a playback is set to "latest" takes precedence, and the last thing you did was trigger that playback, that playback will output as programmed (it won't take control of parameters that it doesn't have programmed data for). So in your example, fixture 1 is @ 20% right now. Hope this helps.
  25. By chance I found a way: When saving the show as csv, there it can be seen....
  26. I think your settings are correct for what you want to do. Hopefully @Edward Z88 will confirm!
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.